Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surviving Death

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Surviving Death

Surviving Death is 6 part NetFlix series. Covers the classic topics of post death experiences. #1 on Near Death Experiences (NDE's), and #6 on Reincarnation, were by far the most compelling. Those who just wanna skip to the best of it, I'd just watch #1 and #6. The rest are ok if you're interested in the topic. The medium one was cringeworthy and least compelling there's any legitimacy to it. Lady "channeling" the kid was a scamming POS in my view. A-

https://www.netflix.com/title/80998853

BTW: I have been reading on NDE's for years, and posted book reviews here in the past and I was surprised they didn't have Dr Parnia who has written several books on the topic as one of the speakers in #1.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-01-21 at 10:59.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    So what do you believe? Personally I hope closing my eyes for the last time isn't like turning off a TV set.....fade to nothingness. I'm not even talking in a religious sense either.

What I hope for, and yet what may be reality could be two entirely different things. The Great Unknown (as far as the big "D" is concerned) is just that.....unknown.

I just don't know. Before some of our more religious on here condemn me for not having "faith", I'm just speaking human thoughts we ALL have had at one time or another. I didn't really start thinking about this shit until I crossed the 40yo line for some reason. I'm a good deal past that now......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    So what do you believe? Personally I hope closing my eyes for the last time isn't like turning off a TV set.....fade to nothingness. I'm not even talking in a religious sense either.

What I hope for, and yet what may be reality could be two entirely different things. The Great Unknown (as far as the big "D" is concerned) is just that.....unknown.

I just don't know. Before some of our more religious on here condemn me for not having "faith", I'm just speaking human thoughts we ALL have had at one time or another. I didn't really start thinking about this shit until I crossed the 40yo line for some reason. I'm a good deal past that now......
    I kinda think it is that. Like tv set. Or closer to falling asleep. You fall asleep and suddenly wake up 8 hours later only in this case there's no waking up

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I believe I will awaken on another plane to be tested again by another life. Until I am perfected.

Feedback Score
    If there is nothingness I guess the saving grace is that you won't know. Still not a real comforting thought though.

If there is "something" out there, I suspect it is something we cannot comprehend given our current concept of time and space.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If there is nothingness I guess the saving grace is that you won't know. Still not a real comforting thought though.

If there is "something" out there, I suspect it is something we cannot comprehend given our current concept of time and space.
    My Step-Dad was a Combat Medic at the Chosin Reservoir. The only GP for 600 square miles in Southern Arizona in the 70's and a Mormon Bishop. He told me sometimes you see them actually leave.
    I don't know where they go. but I am sure I will need a couple of trips.

Feedback Score
    My faith gives an answer, but I personally do not know. I will say I can easily imagine a hell, or several various kinds of hells. I have a hard time imagining paradise. There have been a few times I did, but I could never hold on to those thoughts. That says more about me then what is or isn’t, but we all will find out what is what one day.

Lately I have been thinking that it sucks we cannot just re-experience our life as a fully realized adult with all our loved ones, for example grandpa and I hanging out as men. I think that would be epic if life could just be that in a way, which is weird I know. I once saw some science fiction movie that said the after life was just reliving your life over and over again, for some reason. I cannot recall the name of that movie. The plot was that some scientists invented a machine that discovered what happens after we die, and it was reliving our lives, and because of that folks started committing suicide to relive it better than their current circumstances or just to be with certain people again, and that the suicides were becoming a grave problem for society.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservontexas View Post
    My faith gives an answer, but I personally do not know. I will say I can easily imagine a hell, or several various kinds of hells. I have a hard time imagining paradise. There have been a few times I did, but I could never hold on to those thoughts. That says more about me then what is or isn’t, but we all will find out what is what one day.
    Years ago when I was a bad ass..
    Lately I have been thinking that it sucks we cannot just re-experience our life as a fully realized adult with all our loved ones, for example grandpa and I hanging out as men. I think that would be epic if life could just be that in a way, which is weird I know. I once saw some science fiction movie that said the after life was just reliving your life over and over again, for some reason. I cannot recall the name of that movie. The plot was that some scientists invented a machine that discovered what happens after we die, and it was reliving our lives, and because of that folks started committing suicide to relive it better than their current circumstances or just to be with certain people again, and that the suicides were becoming a grave problem for society.
    I agree, but that would be my definition of Heaven. To sit at a table among my Family and Friends and eat and drink and enjoy our times. l

Feedback Score

If it’s “nothingness”, I sincerely hope all of you have the happiest, most fulfilling life you can possibly have. You will not have it again. Be happy above ALL else.
    I don’t believe that we walk the earth, predetermined in life. I cannot believe we just confirm choices that have already been made. Why would we have free will then? What would be the point? Residing to Fate? Please don’t.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It wouldn’t hurt to ask God if he is there and to be open to a response. You have nothing to lose. Personally, I would start with Jesus of Nazareth, as he is the most unique. Evidence suggests that He existed, despite radical skeptics claims to the contrary. And he was either insane or the Son of God. There isn’t room for a third alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast