Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandatory vaccination

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mandatory vaccination

Next month I will be receiving one of the covid19 vaccinations. It will be mandatory. My department has seen no fatalities due to covid19 with only 2 hospitalizations. I had covid19 symptoms in July but a negative swab test. I was mandated to take the h1n1 flu vaccination many years ago. I did it without hesitation. The covid19 vaccine, I feel less certain about. My administration is pushing hard for it as they are way over budget in overtime covering quarantined members. My union is silent about it. Very silent.

If side-effects reveal themselves, maybe I get an early retirement after all. I just feel like a guinea pig right now.

Feedback Score
    I'm wondering if it will be mandatory for me as well... I'm not union but all my directs are so maybe their union will rise to the occasion.

Feedback Score
    Go to a doctor you know and trust, tell him your concern. Then ask him to certify that he stuck you when he didn't in fact do it. If you have to offer him money.

If and when it becomes mandatory to have the vaccine to travel, this is my game plan.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They’ll find a way to make it mandatory for everyone.

I had this conversation with a friend the other day, I told him since he worked for a company that is a contractor for .gov he’ll probably be required to get it, his wife is in healthcare, so she will too, want your kids to be allowed in public school....

“Your papers do not appear to be in order, you may not board this flight. Step this way for further screening.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What about claiming religious beliefs for exemption?

https://www.aafp.org/dam/AAFP/docume...exemptions.pdf

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Can’t imagine why Hopkins would scrub studies refuting the prevailing narrative.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...ue-to-covid-19

In any case doing what yoni said is probably your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Next month I will be receiving one of the covid19 vaccinations. It will be mandatory. My department has seen no fatalities due to covid19 with only 2 hospitalizations. I had covid19 symptoms in July but a negative swab test. I was mandated to take the h1n1 flu vaccination many years ago. I did it without hesitation. The covid19 vaccine, I feel less certain about. My administration is pushing hard for it as they are way over budget in overtime covering quarantined members. My union is silent about it. Very silent.

If side-effects reveal themselves, maybe I get an early retirement after all. I just feel like a guinea pig right now.
    Not sure what good it will do but don't sign any-damn-thing if they make you take it. Somewhere in the fine print your signature is waiving any repercussions against the employer if things go south. I read the flu vaccine form at work and underneath your signature it said you were giving permission to be vaccinated. Nah, I don't think so. In that case I got my doc to sign another part of the form but that was for the flu, not COVID.

Bottom line is watch where you put your John Hancock as it will likely leave you nothing but a "Too bad so sad" if you have an adverse reaction.

And for those who will say "Their job, their rules".......telling you you will be fired if you don't take it is not exactly voluntary. Sure, no one is holding you down and sticking a needle in (yet), but c'mon, needle or fired/unemployed is hardly a choice. It is coercion pure and simple and shouldn't be allowed.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Can’t imagine why Hopkins would scrub studies refuting the prevailing narrative.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...ue-to-covid-19

In any case doing what yoni said is probably your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for reposting that. Sent the original to a pulmonologist friend for his opinion, but of course it had been taken down by the time he looked at it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    We're getting the Pfizer vaccine, expected to come week after next, me and a colleague have been tasked with developing the training plan and education plan for occupational health in administering the vaccine. Two injections, some interval in between, apparently the untoward effects or after the second injection.

We have been told that at this time they're not mandatory, and we don't know when our institution will make it mandatory, but they probably will. It wasn't terribly long ago when the flu vaccine was optional, and it's been mandatory now for about 6 years or so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    We're getting the Pfizer vaccine, expected to come week after next, me and a colleague have been tasked with developing the training plan and education plan for occupational health in administering the vaccine. Two injections, some interval in between, apparently the untoward effects or after the second injection.

We have been told that at this time they're not mandatory, and we don't know when our institution will make it mandatory, but they probably will. It wasn't terribly long ago when the flu vaccine was optional, and it's been mandatory now for about 6 years or so.
    I think the reason it isn't mandatory on a wide scale right now is because of it's newness. If I had to bet within 6 months to a year it will be mandatory at most places. However, that will have given a "decent interval" (if you will) for side effects to be seen. Now long-term side effects?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast