Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandatory vaccination

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There’s a lot of misinformation out there, and this is a long thread. But I’ll chime in.

I’ve been in the thick of the Covid Pandemic/Crisis as a ICU/PCU nurse and now administering COVID vaccines in my state.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    I'm surprised the syringes and individual bottles of vaccine don't already have RFID tracking. For something like this, RFID for tracking where stuff goes is important. Also, if a batch of vaccine was later found to be bad, figuring out who got it and where it came from would be much easier.

For the "tin foil hat" conspiracy theorists, put your cellphone down and walk away from it, your tablet, laptop, MP3 player, etc. as a start. Invasive advertising on social media and through computer and cellphone apps is orders of magnitude more invasive than an RFID tag on shoes, pants, etc.
    No need to RFID vaccines. That’s pointless and unnecessary at this point. All vaccines that are sent to vaccination sites (clinics, hospitals, etc) are already recorded before we even draw them and give to a person. Each person getting it is put in the system so we know who, and where you live.

And as said , they can track you with your cellphone already (among other things).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Apiject did indeed get a government contract to provide over 100 million prefilled syringes for $139 million. It only makes sense to have the vaccine ready to be injected.
    The contract announcement doesn’t mention anything about RFID chips, but the cost for the entire prepared syringe is only about a dollar so the chip would be pretty inexpensive. If they were an option it would have been for inventory logging and logging of the doses up to the time of injection. An RFID chip uses near field technology, meaning that it cannot even be detected from any distance, and all it does is store preprogrammed data such as a born on date and a serial number. The reader, such as a smart phone with a gps used by a vaccinator, would read the chip, log that it had been used and where. The chip (if the option were purchased) would remain part of the syringe and would be disposed of with the syringe. The chip performs the same function as a bar code or serial number.

Extrapolating from the original article that the chip goes into the arm and is somehow used to track your every move is unrealistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Prefilled syringes are not optimal for mass vaccinations like for COVID. For other immunizations or medicines such as Flu shot or Lovenox, prefilled vaccines are used. I routinely give those at the hospital also. We are currently giving Moderna, but Phizer is also given; it all depends on the supply and vaccination site.

The liquid vaccines are sent in small vials (10vials per carton) stored in freezers then sent to us to thaw out then draw up at the vaccination site before it is given. Vaccines are tracked using Lot numbers. Anyone who gets the vaccine has the lot #recorded so it’s easy to track which vaccine you got and where etc.

There’s a lot more detail I won’t disclose, but there is even more misinformation and conspiracy theory going around. Even as ridiculous as people saying that the vaccine contains HUMAN body parts( how ridiculous is that??)

All I’ll say is that be careful where you hear or read/watch your info.
    Last edited by JusticeM4; 01-25-21 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as mandatory vaccination, that will depend on where you work, and what you’re trying to do.

A company may require its employees to be vaccinated. So if you don’t want it, then quit that job and work elsewhere.

Some travel(airline) or events(concerts, sports games) may eventually require proof of vaccination. I haven’t seen those but it is definitely possible in the future. You are not forced to travel or get the vaccine. It is a choice. But if you have to travel or go to an event that requires it, well that’s a different story.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    As far as mandatory vaccination, that will depend on where you work, and what you’re trying to do.

A company may require its employees to be vaccinated. So if you don’t want it, then quit that job and work elsewhere.

Some travel(airline) or events(concerts, sports games) may eventually require proof of vaccination. I haven’t seen those but it is definitely possible in the future. You are not forced to travel or get the vaccine. It is a choice. But if you have to travel or go to an event that requires it, well that’s a different story.
    Thank you for working on the front lines of this and for your perspective.

Feedback Score
    There’s a lot of misinformation out there, and this is a long thread. But I’ll chime in.

I’ve been in the thick of the Covid Pandemic/Crisis as a ICU/PCU nurse and now administering COVID vaccines in my state.

No need to RFID vaccines. That’s pointless and unnecessary at this point. All vaccines that are sent to vaccination sites (clinics, hospitals, etc) are already recorded before we even draw them and give to a person. Each person getting it is put in the system so we know who, and where you live.

And as said , they can track you with your cellphone already (among other things).

Prefilled syringes are not optimal for mass vaccinations like for COVID. For other immunizations or medicines such as Flu shot or Lovenox, prefilled vaccines are used. I routinely give those at the hospital also. We are currently giving Moderna, but Phizer is also given; it all depends on the supply and vaccination site.

The liquid vaccines are sent in small vials (10vials per carton) stored in freezers then sent to us to thaw out then draw up at the vaccination site before it is given. Vaccines are tracked using Lot numbers. Anyone who gets the vaccine has the lot #recorded so it’s easy to track which vaccine you got and where etc.

There’s a lot more detail I won’t disclose, but there is even more misinformation and conspiracy theory going around. Even as ridiculous as people saying that the vaccine contains HUMAN body parts( how ridiculous is that??)

I’ve been working an COVID ICU for the better part of a year. I’m thrilled I’m not the only one. I’ve been roasted and called all sorts of names for posting about my experiences here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Except that it's highly likely most anything corporate will require the vaccine and or anyone looking up to .gov as their Lord and savior. It's not simply..."work elsewhere". What are your options for medical job if you don't want to wear gloves? (Just an example). If you're job requires the vaccine most likely you're not going to find another job in your field that doesn't. Even the minimum wage employees, from Burger flipper to cashier. Then there's the media and woke pressure. Large corporations stop buying from 3rd party vendors who can't show proof of employee vaccinations..... Obviously that last part is a bit of speculation but the way things are going it's quite possible within a year or so.

It's no different than allowing people to conceal carry but making it illegal to bring inside any building. Thus effectively making carrying illegal without directly doing so.

So yea, it's not going to be as simple as just "work elsewhere"

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Except that it's highly likely most anything corporate will require the vaccine and or anyone looking up to .gov as their Lord and savior. It's not simply..."work elsewhere". What are your options for medical job if you don't want to wear gloves? (Just an example). If you're job requires the vaccine most likely you're not going to find another job in your field that doesn't. Even the minimum wage employees, from Burger flipper to cashier. Then there's the media and woke pressure. Large corporations stop buying from 3rd party vendors who can't show proof of employee vaccinations..... Obviously that last part is a bit of speculation but the way things are going it's quite possible within a year or so.

It's no different than allowing people to conceal carry but making it illegal to bring inside any building. Thus effectively making carrying illegal without directly doing so.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Indeed, it is a difference without distinction. I am little surprised he took this argument ("So if you don’t want it, then quit that job and work elsewhere") given that he is in healthcare, since sooner or later (it'll be sooner) most all HC entities will require it a la flu vax.

You carry analogy works; I like that when I was in the military I was not required to give my SSN for a number of things, it was voluntary, but failure could result in UCMJ violation, cessation of benefits, and discharge. But it was voluntary.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The thing with RFID tags is that it automatically scans and records the RFID tag without specific human interactions. Tracking lot numbers is a proven technology but, RFID automation allows more effective tracking and eliminates potential human-induced errors manually recording tracing and tracking information.

Personally, an RFID tag number is more convenient in an SMS text message than a lot number scribbled on an easily lost piece of paper, at least to me. Of course, this takes us back to "big brother" conspiracy theories.

If in doubt about the effectiveness of RFID tracking, find your nearest logistics center and ask them about it.

Whether preloaded syringes are practical or not for something like COVID is apparently an open question for the D.O.D.

Lunatics are just that so, I don't focus too much on their crazy theories as it just gives them credibility! Yes, I call them out but, I also don't focus too much attention on them either, though I may get carried away at times!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    The thing with RFID tags is that it automatically scans and records the RFID tag without specific human interactions. Tracking lot numbers is a proven technology but, RFID automation allows more effective tracking and eliminates potential human-induced errors manually recording tracing and tracking information.

Personally, an RFID tag number is more convenient in an SMS text message than a lot number scribbled on an easily lost piece of paper, at least to me. Of course, this takes us back to "big brother" conspiracy theories.

If in doubt about the effectiveness of RFID tracking, find your nearest logistics center and ask them about it.

Whether preloaded syringes are practical or not for something like COVID is apparently an open question for the D.O.D.

Lunatics are just that so, I don't focus too much on their crazy theories as it just gives them credibility! Yes, I call them out but, I also don't focus too much attention on them either, though I may get carried away at times!
    It's not even a DOD thing, it's a FDA thing. The DOD can't go off-script with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not high on the priority to get one, nor am I likely too want one anytime soon.
    I'm still pretty sure the average person on the street understands what co-morbidity is or what it means in their life. Health shouldn't be about inoculations, it should be an ongoing discipline through life.
    I will set back and watch for a while longer, maybe a year. Who knows, by then I may not need it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

You are referring to tactics that have proven successful in other regimes from the former Soviet Union, Asia, Africa, etc.

With "WOKE" idealists running amuck, we are apt to face issues very similar to what you suggest.

In my case, McDonald's sent me an email extolling BLM values. While I give BLM some credence for moving the discussion forward, I also don't agree with tactics that include arson, looting, etc. What does buying a Big Mac have to do with supporting BLM values? Personally, I think tying a corporate image to a controversial movement like BLM or other similar initiatives is a very risky potentially toxic move. I also am under no illusion that my newfound avoidance of McDonald's will have any material affect on their operations.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast