Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandatory vaccination

Feedback Score
    I don't plan on getting it. But how long before you can't go grocery shopping without one?? Or do anything without it.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    My wife works for a large health system here in Texas(she is not clinical) and it will almost assuredly be mandatory for them at some point. Flu shots are mandatory already for the entire system. No flu shot and you get put on a list and given a date to have it done by. If you don't you are fired immediately. They have an advisory board that is basically molding the covid vaccine requirement after their flu shot policy.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    I expect vaccinations might become mandatory where I work as well. As long as they’re provided and I am not signing my rights to sue away if it turns out badly, I’m not terribly concerned.

I survived the sketchy and somewhat questionable series of anthrax vaccinations years ago, so how bad can this one be in comparison?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    My wife works for a large health system here in Texas(she is not clinical) and it will almost assuredly be mandatory for them at some point. Flu shots are mandatory already for the entire system. No flu shot and you get put on a list and given a date to have it done by. If you don't you are fired immediately. They have an advisory board that is basically molding the covid vaccine requirement after their flu shot policy.
    My wife took the flu shot today only because she fvcked around and waited until the last minute (i.e. today). She is an RN and said she had to sign in like FOUR different places. I asked her if she read what she was signing, but she didn't. (she needs retraining!). Guaran-freaking-teed one of those alleviates any legal discourse you may have (i.e. suing the shit out of them) if something goes south with it.

IF the COVID vaccine appears safe over time I will likely get it (had to add that before I'm called an "anti-vaxxer"). However, I will be nowhere near the front of the line. Right now the hospital I work at it will be voluntary; I fully expect it to be mandatory like the flu somewhere down the road. That said, I will read every friggin' line I have to sign on because I will NOT waive liability if shit goes wrong.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 11-30-20 at 17:54.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't get flu shots, and I wont get a covid shot either, mandatory or not, I'll lie, use one of the exemptions around it, or even forge proof of vaccination, I give 0 ****s, nobody is telling me what to do to myself. Same goes for my kid, he's doing fine in school from home, that can continue as long as it needs to, he's not getting it either. Spouse was required to take the flu shot to work at her hospital but in lieu of that she joined the Satanic Temple and used the religious exemption to get out of it. Pathetic and disgusting that in our country one needs a reason to do or not do something to their own body.

I already won't wear a mask and haven't since all of this started, using the local county exemptions against them in places like grocery stores, etc. but most everything else has lost my business, or if it's a quick trip like dropping something in the box at FedEx I ignore whoever harasses me and I'm on my way seconds later.
    Last edited by t1tan; 11-30-20 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I expect vaccinations might become mandatory where I work as well. As long as they’re provided and I am not signing my rights to sue away if it turns out badly, I’m not terribly concerned.

I survived the sketchy and somewhat questionable series of anthrax vaccinations years ago, so how bad can this one be in comparison?
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2030600

"In the United States, the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act provides manufacturers immunity from lawsuits related to injuries caused by vaccines, with narrow exceptions. People injured by Covid-19 vaccines must file claims with a fund administered by the Department of Health and Human Services."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was reading the next round of stimulus payments will be dependent upon showing proof of vaccination

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2030600

"In the United States, the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act provides manufacturers immunity from lawsuits related to injuries caused by vaccines, with narrow exceptions. People injured by Covid-19 vaccines must file claims with a fund administered by the Department of Health and Human Services."
    Transfer of liability to the government is not an unprecedented occurrence. Outside of wartime exigencies, the first big federal policy effort was the US government subsidization of nuclear power development in the late 1950s. Basically the Congress underwrote a large amount of potential risk. That policy was doubled down after Three Mile Island in 1980. Bitch all that you want, but the US nuclear industry has a great safety history (the government, not so much...).

Getting the Government to take on this liability role does take an Act of Congress. Otherwise, .GOV has sovereignty and sovereign immunity. The whole thing actually reassures me. People who print money have deep pockets. Congress put your money where there mouths were.

There is a slew of crazee speculation in this thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Transfer of liability to the government is not an unprecedented occurrence. Outside of wartime exigencies, the first big federal policy effort was the US government subsidization of nuclear power development in the late 1950s. Basically the Congress underwrote a large amount of potential risk. That policy was doubled down after Three Mile Island in 1980. Bitch all that you want, but the US nuclear industry has a great safety history (the government, not so much...).

Getting the Government to take on this liability role does take an Act of Congress. Otherwise, .GOV has sovereignty and sovereign immunity. The whole thing actually reassures me. People who print money have deep pockets. Congress put your money where there mouths were.

There is a slew of crazee speculation in this thread.
    Thank you for your expert response. You are a thought leader. Let's look at the safety record angle.

Let's say the people in the nuclear industry don't care about anyone living near the nuclear facility....not even the tiniest bit. Heck, let's make our hypothetical nuke worker a serial killer to max out the antisocial angle.

Right after Homer "The Grim Reaper" Simpson finishes dismembering and burying the body of some poor soul in a rough wooded area adjacent to the nuke plant, he heads to the security gate to start his shift.

Why might Homer "The Grim Reaper" Simpson be the epitome of occupational safety during that shift? Big hint, it is something that doesn't apply at all to the vaccination scenario you just attempted to project the nuclear safety record on to.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-30-20 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    I don't plan on getting it. But how long before you can't go grocery shopping without one?? Or do anything without it.
    It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast