Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Time to ditch camo patterns? A question for the 50+ y.o.a. members

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post

Would a switch to solid colors be advisable? Just say goodbye to camo at my age?

Or continue to rock & roll as I have been?

Just trying to navigate the passing of the years without losing any dignity. Thanks for all feedback ...

I'm a dirty camo whore, and I keep telling myself the first step is knowing that I have a problem.....

The full on camo is fine, and I do wear it out in the woods, mountains, and out on the property, but more and more I find I mix solid OD greens and Coyote brown rancher/ farmer colors which tend to work exceedingly well. My Goretex is earth tones also (Arcteryx LEAF etc), and much like the above solid colors, this works well in the outdoors or out and about in the city.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is that a Arc/LEAF jacket in the picture, Stick?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I always thought wearing camo around town was a bit loopy and larpy. I just wear various shades of tan and light browns if I'm heading into the desert or the mountains and I want some quasi camo effect. You've got some camo effect going that doesn't look like you're trying to camo yourself up if you go to a restaurant or grocery store.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'm gonna quote myself, here:

"If you're going to wear camouflage, wear camouflage. [...] If you're worried that other people might see you and judge you for wearing camouflage, then don't wear camouflage."
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks much for the posts, Raven. I do appreciate them.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Does it MATCH your terrain? Or your bugout location terrain? Than keep it.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just ordered a Flecktarn parka...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    My wife still wears her issued woodland pattern Goretex parka. I’m partial to my 3 color desert Goretex. (it’s warmer than my Arcteryx hard shell Goretex). They great jackets, perfect for yard work in the Fall, blowing snow in the Winter or those rainy soccer tournaments in the Spring. As far as the looks of the jacket, I’m not too concerned about what others think.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456