Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Imagine If People Today Had To Endure What People Went Through During WWII...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. The 1930s were filled with a lot of turmoil; people were starving due to the Depression, the government was becoming bloated grabbing every bit of power it could; the rich were getting richer and the poor were getting poorer. On top of that, the nation really was racist towards not only black people, but also the Irish, Italians, Jews, Hispanics, Chinese, and Japanese. Those extreme ideas coming over from Germany, Italy, and Russia were sounding pretty good to our desperate population; maybe it was time to just burn it all to the ground and start over. Sound familiar.

Also, I don't know if we would have lost WWII. Remember, this gender-confused, hedonistic generation is not just an American phenomenon; if anything, it's pretty mild compared to Europe.
    Yeah, we did not bend over backwards and give away everything to everyone, and valued the culture and values of the people that FOUNDED America rather then pander to the most non compatible groups, how awful/s.

Being able to buy a house and not work yourself to death against the world`s work force pouring into the Nation and not have people move in that undermine the property values, the political habits/make up of the community, not undermine your economic/political power, I fail to see the down side, but I guess I have to put the needs of my enemies ahead of myself because muh feelz, right guy?

Must have been God awful to be able to buy a Thompson, BAR, dynamite via the mail, Or until 1968, Mortars, Arty, 20mm Semi autos, MGs, Select fires, DEWATS, but hey, if equality means freedom has to be voted away in the name of "muh greater good", well damn it, that is what must be done, right?

Because if everyone does not get the same wonderful outcome, then civilization is just not working correctly, and America just isnt valid/s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    My grand father is fond of saying he thinks we’d lose WWII if it happened today. His reasoning being everyone is so selfish today. There is no patriotism and no body would become united to defend this place.

2020 has actually been a good year for me and mine. We worked the garden and ate as a family every evening this summer (usually outside with fresh picked produce), marriage is the best it has ever been, my kids are healthy and happy and we have gotten a lot of projects completed.

Also, I blame you boomers for the throw away society that we have become. I’m trying to correct that with my self and my kids.
    Well, this is the end result of Mass Immigration/Multiculturalism/Egalitarianism, that everyone is the same, and everyone must be allowed in because their is no different in people, their cultures, their values, politics, the end result, a horde of hostile groups from sea to shining sea, ready to use the weapon of the state against anyone they can for something for nothing, and that was the outcome that was going to happen and it was pursed by evil driven people, but hey at least Boomers feel good about throwing it all away, because after all being called names by people who hate you is the worst thing that can happen to a people, right?/s.

Feedback Score
    heck I say current daily life for those 3rd world countries leaders they love so much and think are superior like those in cuba or venezuela I wish we could send them there for a year or two to work and live with the locals !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    heck I say current daily life for those 3rd world countries leaders they love so much and think are superior like those in cuba or venezuela I wish we could send them there for a year or two to work and live with the locals !

The locals would rob, rape, and murder them, and I fail to see any sort of loss.

Feedback Score
    The last thing that was heard is the ‘that’s not my pronoun” and then silence and all was good

Quote Originally Posted by Groyper View Post
    The locals would rob, rape, and murder them, and I fail to see any sort of loss.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, my late mother, an old dust bowl Depression-era lady, tough as nails, told me about all these things. I still have some "ration stamps" from back then that she left me.

A lot of people today don't realize how HUGE WWII was. Battles involved thousands of tanks, hundreds of thousands of troops and unbelievable horror. My dad got a bronze star on Guadacanal. He was 185 pounds when he walked up onto the beach. He was 115 when he left. Soldiers in New Guinea spent days and days without sleep, without rest, in 120 degree heat wading through filthy swamps full of leeches, massive spiders, giant mosquitos and poisonous snakes, and almost starving to death. The Japs loved to open up on them when they were in the middle of a waist deep swamp. Their bodies were covered with sores dripping pus, and they got so sick their teeth and hair came out, and their feet got so rotten, when they took their boots off, the soles of their feet peeled off with them. And even then, they got - and obeyed - orders to keep on fighting. Modern kids just have no freaking idea, no... freaking... idea..................
    Last edited by Ruark; 01-19-21 at 22:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruark View Post
    Yeah, my late mother, an old dust bowl Depression-era lady, tough as nails, told me about all these things. I still have some "ration stamps" from back then that she left me.

A lot of people today don't realize how HUGE WWII was. Battles involved thousands of tanks, hundreds of thousands of troops and unbelievable horror. My dad got a bronze star on Guadacanal. He was 185 pounds when he walked up onto the beach. He was 115 when he left. Soldiers in New Guinea spent days and days without sleep, without rest, in 120 degree heat wading through filthy swamps full of leeches, massive spiders, giant mosquitos and poisonous snakes, and almost starving to death. The Japs loved to open up on them when they were in the middle of a waist deep swamp. Their bodies were covered with sores dripping pus, and they got so sick their teeth and hair came out, and their feet got so rotten, when they took their boots off, the soles of their feet peeled off with them. And even then, they got - and obeyed - orders to keep on fighting. Modern kids just have no freaking idea, no... freaking... idea..................

I wrote a report on Iwo Jima in high school. The pacific theatre was an absolute horror show. The Japs we’re ruthless bastards who would stop at no end. If I recall, japs had 22,000 on the island. We only took a couple hundred alive. Killed the rest or they committed suicide.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234