Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M4 Buffer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Do you mean the JP Silent Captured replacement buffer system, or do you mean a spring that works with carbine or A5 buffers?
    These:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1069416858

Center-less ground, polished, tuned. Works with regular buffers you already have...

When I bought my first one I was reading the reviews and one said something to the effect of, 'Thought I just got scammed when I clicked the button to buy one of these. A lot of money for a spring. Then I received it and put it to use... Very pleased with purchase'.

I had a drawer in the toolbox filled with both Colt and DPMS replacement springs (carbine and rifle length). Enough to never need a spring again for anything...

After trying out the first JP spring in a carbine most all of the new DPMS springs were given away as gifts to friends and pretty much every rifle or carbine I had got a JP spring installed. Even new / unfired Colts I had got JP springs installed.

Now I have 2 drawers in the tool box for buffer springs. The one full of Colt springs that never got used (but not willing to just 'give away' as gifts) and the other drawer full of replacement JP springs. (rifle and carbine)

Most noticeable / immediate difference for me is that these do not oscillate after the bolt is sent home like a Colt spring. There is no 'sproing' sound or feel at all. Very, very smooth travel inside buffer tubes. On my rigs with NiB carriers - It is just not right how smooth everything feels when cycling.

As far as buffers are concerned - It is sometimes more cost effective to buy a few H3 buffers and pull them apart for the weights. If you already have carbine buffers laying around you can easily mix those buffer weights around to make whatever you want. (H1, H2, H3)

A few tiny dots of Dykem will stick around plenty fine so you can id what is what later without much effort.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Andy I appreciate your thoughts 👍🏻

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been using a JP captured action spring for almost a year now. It's super smooth when cycling, noticeable when you first try it. Word from the competition guys is that it is very durable and at the current ammo prices it's going to last my lifetime. I removed the buffer retaining pin after I got it, being captured it doesn't need one.

Feedback Score
    I recommend the tungsten weights, hammer & punch is all that’s needed & easy to swap.
    Most of mine are H2s or H3s. Really more how it feels than anything else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123