Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bill could help bl@ack farmers reclaim millions of acres

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Yeah, I really, really, really trust the government to get involved in making sure such a thing happens...

My first red flag was Booker proposed it.

The second red flag was Warren and Gillibrand supporting it.

Look, if there's a legitimate and legal claim to lands taken, by all means, those families should push forward with this. But through the courts, not another government program that will grow, bloat and get out of control before long.
    Anyone want to alert the Native Americans on this, because when the .gov starts handing out .gov land these folks might want to be consulted as to the quality of what you're going to get?
    I'm thinking Booker just watched one too many episodes of "Green Acres" and doesn't understand that it isn't going to be all Eva Gabor with Arnold Ziffel coming over for a visit.
    Perhaps questionable electricity in bad weather, lack of cable TV/WiFi, septic tanks and wells, wont deter them? I am however guessing this is going to be a generational (And I'm not being an asshole) learning curve.
    This sounds more like a curse than a gift.

Feedback Score
    So what is the red line for you guys? Are you going to let them take your property away or buy property for others with your money, involuntarily? Are we in a civil war yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    So what is the red line for you guys? Are you going to let them take your property away or buy property for others with your money, involuntarily? Are we in a civil war yet?
    I think we'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Explain how a public declaration of someone's "red line" will benefit them?

Last I knew even Putin didn't announce his "red lines," and he has a bunch more power than I do.

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    I am Ottawa Indian. I want the upper Ohio and Michigan areas back for my tribe. If its good for the Goose its good for the Cracker, err Indian.

Honestly, Screw Booker he is an idiot and is just another asshole the Democrats keep around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Anyone want to alert the Native Americans on this, because when the .gov starts handing out .gov land these folks might want to be consulted as to the quality of what you're going to get?
    I'm thinking Booker just watched one too many episodes of "Green Acres" and doesn't understand that it isn't going to be all Eva Gabor with Arnold Ziffel coming over for a visit.
    Perhaps questionable electricity in bad weather, lack of cable TV/WiFi, septic tanks and wells, wont deter them? I am however guessing this is going to be a generational (And I'm not being an asshole) learning curve.
    This sounds more like a curse than a gift.
    I think we want New York back while we are at it, add new Jersey and send the occupants to Mexico since they think so kindly of all the people there, or China.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    I think we want New York back while we are at it, add new Jersey and send the occupants to Mexico since they think so kindly of all the people there, or China.
    Sometimes getting what you want is a curse you know?
    Having a Farm to work 24-7 and being economically tied directly to that dirt, livestock and equipment is like being married to a very fickle and very angry Woman.

Feedback Score
    Having a Farm to work 24-7 and being economically tied directly to that dirt, livestock and equipment is like being married to a very fickle and very angry Woman.
    I know, I would never make a good farmer. Rancher, maybe, but not a farmer.

Feedback Score
    Having a Farm to work 24-7 and being economically tied directly to that dirt, livestock and equipment...
    That was my initial thought... but... I would not be surprised if these so-called "socially disadvantaged farmers" are targeted for government price support subsidies paying them to do nothing.

Free farm, endless credit, no foreclosures and paid to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Here's how I see this working.

1. Large successful corporate farm is purchased for next to nothing with some sort of prosecution or staged mob violence as the incentive.

2. Farm is broken into smaller pieces and deeded to new "farmers". Black political and social activist "farmers".

3. New "farmers" lease the land to the former owners who continue to operate the agricultural operation.

4. New "farmers" get an income stream (with agricultural tax rates), agribusiness is forced into bed with the Marxists, food sources are now under state control, and while the new "farmer" (and family, staff, "labor",...?)claim the farm as primary residence for tax and voting purposes, changing the demographics of red areas, they spend a lot of time "travelling for business" at their old homes.
    Pretty much this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast