Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill could help bl@ack farmers reclaim millions of acres

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Bill could help bl@ack farmers reclaim millions of acres

https://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-black...tent=algorithm

Anyone else head of this Booker backer bill? Where does the 32 million acres come from? Seems very South African to me.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Anyone else head of this Booker backer bill? Where does the 32 million acres come from? Seems very South African to me.
    Well, there's 56 million government owned acres in Nevada and 34 million in Utah.

Knowing the way our government works, that's probably where they'd start...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-black...tent=algorithm

Booker is a crackheaded imbecile willing to write all sorts of stupid things to get attention and votes.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Well, there's 56 million government owned acres in Nevada and 34 million in Utah.

If they federal government wants to give those lands as reparations, I don't have a problem with it.

If they start knocking on people's doors and telling them their house is being seized for reparations, then there's going to problems...
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    It's been done before. Reconstruction - 40 Acres and a Mule. I won't see it happening out here because you can't grow much here, but it would take you 40 acres to raise each head of cattle. Maybe Spartacus will be introducing: "40 Acres and a Cow"?
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    It's been done before. Reconstruction - 40 Acres and a Mule.
    Yeah but the Racist Democrats got that cancelled so they could get back to defacto slavery for another 50+ years via sharecropping / Jim Crow laws.

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    If they federal government wants to give those lands as reparations, I don't have a problem with it.

If they start knocking on people's doors and telling them their house is being seized for reparations, then there's going to problems...
    Pretty much my opinion as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post

Reading that article I'm not getting the feeling that the land you mention is what they're talking about. Now exactly what land they are talking about could be a little troubling. They reference black farmers being driven out of towns and then I assume someone took over their land. Certainly they wouldn't be looking back over century-old deeds to see who currently owns those lands, would they? 'Cause I could see a few, uh, minor problems that might arise out of that brilliant idea (if that is what they are thinking of course).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    If black farmers had bought land and that land was taken away from them by force or force of law.

Then they need to be given that land back. If the family that stole it no longer owns it then the current owners or the black family need to be compensated. If the current owner wants to stay on the land, then give the blacks current market value plus 50%.

This I would support.

I would not support giving government land to people based on the color of their skin.

Feedback Score
    The plan is for government to buy farms from (presumably white people) and give away the farms to black people.

------

SEC. 203. PROVISION OF LAND GRANTS.
    (a) IN GENERAL.—The Secretary shall—
    RYA20816 V50

(1) purchase from willing sellers, at a price not
    greater than fair market value, available agricultural land in the United States; and

(2) subject to section 205, convey grants of the
    land to eligible Black individuals at no cost to the
    eligible Black individuals.

------

Farming is tough work, requiring 24/7/365 care. People generally don't take great care of that which they did not pay for nor have any skin in the game. I guess that's why there's protections in the bill that don't allow black farms to fail.... just keep throwing more taxpayer money at it.

https://www.booker.senate.gov/imo/me...020%20Bill.pdf
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 11-29-20 at 16:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Booker really is an idiot....

It really comes down to one thing....Power

When he cleans up the hood and there isn't a shooting or black on black violence and people that live there can be at ease....then I will believe he is sincere

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast