Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill could help bl@ack farmers reclaim millions of acres

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post

I wonder where they are going to get all these black farmers?
    There are entire sections of the Bill including farmer training programs, USDA National Scholars Programs and funding for historically Black colleges and universities. Then... implement so-called "Access to credit for socially disadvantaged farmers", "Protections for land ownership" "Additional credit assistance" and of course "Foreclosure moratorium".

Basically... if you are black the taxpayer will: Pay to teach you to be a farmer. Purchase a farm from a white farmer and give it to you for free. Finance the operation and protect you from the risk of failure.

https://www.booker.senate.gov/imo/me...020%20Bill.pdf
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 11-30-20 at 08:42.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    . My worst day in the Military was still better than my best day farming cotton..
    I knew a guy that was a cotton farmer. The only dude I knew that was more desperately in love with the Army than him lived in a dumpster prior to the GWOT. Might have been a tie.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Artificially change the demographics of sparsely populated states that are conservative/Republican holdouts. It's no different than dumping thousands of refugees in Idaho during the Obama presidency, it's just much faster.

Andy
    Eerily similar to Obama's rezoning of America's suburbs.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    As just another aging, entitled White guy- I would say FUK YOU to Mr. Booker and his dumbass idea.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I knew a guy that was a cotton farmer. The only dude I knew that was more desperately in love with the Army than him lived in a dumpster prior to the GWOT. Might have been a tie.
    Yup, we had some in the Navy as well - 3 hots and a cot, just to what you are told to do and you will be 100% taken care of in terms of physical needs (food, medicine, health care), you just have to be willing to do your work and die for your country if called upon.

Feedback Score
    Here's how I see this working.

1. Large successful corporate farm is purchased for next to nothing with some sort of prosecution or staged mob violence as the incentive.

2. Farm is broken into smaller pieces and deeded to new "farmers". Black political and social activist "farmers".

3. New "farmers" lease the land to the former owners who continue to operate the agricultural operation.

4. New "farmers" get an income stream (with agricultural tax rates), agribusiness is forced into bed with the Marxists, food sources are now under state control, and while the new "farmer" (and family, staff, "labor",...?)claim the farm as primary residence for tax and voting purposes, changing the demographics of red areas, they spend a lot of time "travelling for business" at their old homes.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    There are entire sections of the Bill including farmer training programs, USDA National Scholars Programs and funding for historically Black colleges and universities. Then... implement so-called "Access to credit for socially disadvantaged farmers", "Protections for land ownership" "Additional credit assistance" and of course "Foreclosure moratorium".

Basically... if you are black the taxpayer will: Pay to teach you to be a farmer. Purchase a farm from a white farmer and give it to you for free. Finance the operation and protect you from the risk of failure.

https://www.booker.senate.gov/imo/me...020%20Bill.pdf
    Well, thank goodness it's NOT forced collectivization.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    If they federal government wants to give those lands as reparations, I don't have a problem with it.

If they start knocking on people's doors and telling them their house is being seized for reparations, then there's going to problems...
    Well, if they actually give away Federal lands as reparations, and then charge property tax, the new owners will default within a year. I guess the best play on that would be to take out a mortgage on the property then let it default, skip with the money. Uncle sugar tits won't get get mad then, they get their property back, the banks lose money and write it off on their taxes, and the former black owners spend the money and boast the economy, and live like kings for a couple of months- then vote for the next democrat. Actually pretty smart-

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That seems to be part of the problem in some inner city areas. Value of homes go up due to downtown reasons, people inherit homes over generations, can’t pay taxes or upkeep on a house they can’t afford anyway. Voila; crackhouse.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Hence the initiatives being started up, spoken about in the article...
    Yeah, I really, really, really trust the government to get involved in making sure such a thing happens...

My first red flag was Booker proposed it.

The second red flag was Warren and Gillibrand supporting it.

Look, if there's a legitimate and legal claim to lands taken, by all means, those families should push forward with this. But through the courts, not another government program that will grow, bloat and get out of control before long.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast