Thread: Ambi safety on Colt CCU, Sprinfield Pro?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Ambi safety on Colt CCU, Sprinfield Pro?

As the owner of both the CCU's and a Springer Pro I've been reading on replacing them with a Wilson bullet proof or Nighthawks version. Are the functionally the same? The Colt has stayed tight so far but the Pro has a bit of wobble. As a leftie years ago I trained myself to go off safe with my thumb and on safe with my trigger finger knuckle on both AR's and 1911's. On the 1911 it was probably to lessen use of the port sider safety lever as they did loosen with not much time and use. Currently the Nighthawk version is $30.00 cheaper.

So, those with knowledge of such things, is it the same? TIA
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    The Wilson is a great unit and mine has served me well on my Colt, but be advised, it WILL require hand-fitting. So will the NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I’m a lefty 1911 user as well, I have Wilson’s bulletproof ambi on both of my regularly used guns and have no complaints. That being said I am starting to notice a slight wiggle on one of the right side levers after 6 years of use. I am completely happy with the wilson version but I believe I will try the EGW version next just because.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair 04 View Post
    I’m a lefty 1911 user as well, I have Wilson’s bulletproof ambi on both of my regularly used guns and have no complaints. That being said I am starting to notice a slight wiggle on one of the right side levers after 6 years of use. I am completely happy with the wilson version but I believe I will try the EGW version next just because.
    Is the EGW similar to the Wilson? I just don't know enough about the different units. I can speak knowledgably about ambi's on AR's but recently went back to 1911's after a 20+ year hiatus, so don't know what i don't know. I've searched the various 1911 forums as well.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    It’s is similar but from what I can see also uses a sleeve to join the split joint that connects both levers which in theory should prevent them from working loose. Again I don’t have hands on experience with the EGW set yet but from what I can see it COULD be better.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Check this unit out as well. Would look really nice on that pro for a “meusoc” look.

https://kcskustomcreations.com/product/ambi/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Check this unit out as well. Would look really nice on that pro for a “meusoc” look.

https://kcskustomcreations.com/product/ambi/
    Wow, another one to consider! FWIW, on my last trip to Trashkanistan I spent some time with some Navy Chiefs assigned to the Raiders and was able to finger finesse and shoot thier sidearms. Pretty much like the Colt I carried on duty from 1992-2000.