Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my first buck!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hit a number of them since I started driving. Worked jobs that had me on the road when they were moving and have hit a few.

This discussion reminds me of this:

Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    That sucks. I have only killed one deer and it was with my little AMG C-class. But it was his fault, he T-boned me and caved in my driver’s door. But that’s not all, he was so excited, he spun around and hit my quarter panel too. I was in rush hour traffic, in a construction zone, going literally 35mph. I saw a deer head in my windshield and felt the bang all at once. Worst part was hearing the traffic running over the stupidly expensive side mirror as I was trying to retrieve it (I was expecting insurance to total it and I wanted to fix it myself).
    My MIL has hit two in a week multiple times in central IN.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    That sucks. I have only killed one deer and it was with my little AMG C-class. But it was his fault, he T-boned me and caved in my driver’s door. But that’s not all, he was so excited, he spun around and hit my quarter panel too. I was in rush hour traffic, in a construction zone, going literally 35mph. I saw a deer head in my windshield and felt the bang all at once. Worst part was hearing the traffic running over the stupidly expensive side mirror as I was trying to retrieve it (I was expecting insurance to total it and I wanted to fix it myself).
    My MIL has hit two in a week multiple times in central IN.
    That was my experience. Although no traffic I was driving down a winding country road at a leisurely 35mpg when the deer, which was across the street on the front lawn of someone's house, decided to bolt towards my car. I didn't even see it. It was so close that all I saw was the top of it's back. At first I thought I hit a German Shepherd.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Last week, I was an hour outside of San Antonio driving at night and saw at least 20 deer on my way to Boot Ranch. I was very nervous because they were freakin everywhere.

Glad your OK, but stick with your 308 in the future.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that.

Never been much on kitting out vehicles with tons of add on accessories. However I ponied up $2K for a deer hit one time on just a damn quarter panel.

So when I got a new truck I saw a Fab Four bumper/winch/half brush guard type setup and added that one. Total out the door for that, winch, etc. was a little less than $1,900. installed.

Hit a deer a few weeks later. Not a scratch on it, just a little wet spot where the deer hit. Hit another one about two months ago, just a little fur in a light and that's it.

The heavy duty bumper paid for itself with the first deer, the 2nd deer was like deer black friday LOL.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I was thinking of using my 308 OBR and DeadAir SandmanL, but I ended up settling on my 2018 Chevy Colorado.

Night time hunt on the way to see our folks in NJ for Thanksgiving. D'Oh!

Considering how many of there are in NJ, I had to move to NC to finally hit one. You guys ever had the misfortune?
    Good choice in hunting equipment, your Chevy has way more knock down power than a puny .308.

Great success!

Feedback Score
    If it makes you feel any better this year alone I’ve probably hit 15-20 deer.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Rats, I am sorry to read this. My first thought when i saw the title was "How cool, Alex moved out of state and already has a deer blind!"

I am glad the deer was the only one hurt.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I had a Mazda 323 that took out 3 deer, I called it the deer slayer. The radiator had JB weld holding it together.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Old joke:
    What’s the best way to get a big buck?
    Reduce the coverage on your truck. They’ll come running.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast