Thread: Got my first buck!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    You gonna mount it?
    He’s not that kind of guy...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    If it makes you feel any better this year alone I’ve probably hit 15-20 deer.
    Dude... do you have a feeder in your driveway?

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleox View Post
    Old joke:
    What’s the best way to get a big buck?
    Reduce the coverage on your truck. They’ll come running.
    Funny story; a few years ago I needed to replace a windshield. If I went through insurance it would be a comprehensive claim but my deductible was $500, more than the cost of the windshield replacement. I lowered by comp deductible to $100. Insurance tells me this is a comp claim, not collision like I thought, so as much as it sucks, it's only costing me $100.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Rats, I am sorry to read this. My first thought when i saw the title was "How cool, Alex moved out of state and already has a deer blind!"

I am glad the deer was the only one hurt.
    Thank you. Yeah, I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by SFree View Post
    He’s not that kind of guy...
    Had I actually killed it the right way, I would totally mount it lol. The head for sure.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Had I actually killed it the right way, I would totally mount it lol. The head for sure.
    A lot of people collect sheds so this would have just had a little more involvement.

I have been to a cookout where one of the others hit a deer(or witnessed a deer get hit?) so they cut the back straps out of it to add to the burgers and hotdogs on the grill.

A couple of weeks before our modern gun season we were several cars behind a doe getting hit that was paralyzed in the rear and flailing in and out of the road. Couple of guys in a truck ahead of us hopped out and loaded her up.

Not likely legal, but they chose safety and waste not, want not.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-01-20 at 08:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Dude... do you have a feeder in your driveway?
    No. Fortunately I’m not hitting them with my own vehicles.

For some reason deer are mesmerized by locomotives though, they just will not get off of the tracks sometimes. I’ve killed over a hundred of them if I had to guess, along with other critters. Even a cow once.

So far no elk, and no big horn sheep but I’ve been close to smoking 8-10 big horns at one time. They all cleared off the track at the last instant thankfully. Also been close to hitting a few coyotes but they are smart enough to exercise self preservation.

I’ve also hit owls and the occasional Canada goose. I’ve seen plenty of dead eagles too but haven’t hit one, this time of year they winter down in SD and WY and all the dead deer we hit are easy meals that are in the middle of the tracks. So scavengers get hit a lot too.

Feedback Score
    Now its pre-tenderized. Good eat'n!
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Hell if you hit it hard enough you can just about de-bone it too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123