Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli M4 Upgrades

Feedback Score

Benelli M4 Upgrades

I just purchased a Benelli M4 as a replacement for my Mossberg 500 HD gun. I am curious to hear from members of this forum your opinion on what upgrades I should make. This will be primarily a HD gun.

To start, the first upgrade I am going to make is to change out the mag tube to a 7 round tube.

What should be next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    GG&G charging handle, tactical bolt release, and follower and Taran Tactical ultimate oversized safety.
    Last edited by b_saan; 11-30-20 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What mag tube are you going with? I ordered a CarrierComp. They get great reviews but also long lead times from what I read. They also come with a follower and spring so you only need 1 more part to be 922r compliant. For my 3rd part I ordered the Freedom Fighter USA made forend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    GG&G charging handle, tactical bolt release, and follower and Taran Tactical ultimate oversized safety.
    Those are #2, 3, and 4 on my list. #1 is a 7 round mag tube. Thanks for the response!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel79 View Post
    What mag tube are you going with? I ordered a CarrierComp. They get great reviews but also long lead times from what I read. They also come with a follower and spring so you only need 1 more part to be 922r compliant. For my 3rd part I ordered the Freedom Fighter USA made forend.
    I am researching that now. Heard a lot of good things from the Benelli Forum on the CarrierComp. So leaning towards them. Also considering the FFT and Benelli OEM.

What attracted you to the CarrierComp? What finish did you choose?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfour View Post
    I am researching that now. Heard a lot of good things from the Benelli Forum on the CarrierComp. So leaning towards them. Also considering the FFT and Benelli OEM.

What attracted you to the CarrierComp? What finish did you choose?

The positive reviews is what turned me to them. Other than longer lead times I couldn’t find anything negative. I also like they include a follower and a spring. I’ve read the spring they use is the best. Not sure why or what’s different with the one they use. Lastly the titanium is a little lighter weight, but that wasn’t a deciding factor.

I did the DG color as it is about a perfect match to the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel79 View Post
    The positive reviews is what turned me to them. Other than longer lead times I couldn’t find anything negative. I also like they include a follower and a spring. I’ve read the spring they use is the best. Not sure why or what’s different with the one they use. Lastly the titanium is a little lighter weight, but that wasn’t a deciding factor.

I did the DG color as it is about a perfect match to the barrel.
    I heard the same thing about CC's weight and spring. Nice choice in finish. I would choose the same if I decide to go with CC.
    Are you running a light and optic? Which ones?

I put on a Mesa Tactical Urbino stock to comply with 922r.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am contemplating on putting on an optic. I was thinking about getting an ADM low mount and putting my Trijicon MRO on it, but not sure yet.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    https://freedomfightertactical.com/collections/m4

As memory serves, I have the mag spring, upgraded follower, the long NP3 magazine tube and the larger knurled charging handle. High quality stuff..........I also have the Hayl MLOK rail on mine as well as the Geissele hammer upgrade.

Last edited by HKGuns; 12-02-20 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You guys are aware that just replacing the screw on part of the mag tube doesn't qualify as an "American" part for 922r. The part that needs replacing is the mag tube that screws into the receiver.

A better front sight would be helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast