Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my first buck!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Got my first buck!

I was thinking of using my 308 OBR and DeadAir SandmanL, but I ended up settling on my 2018 Chevy Colorado.

Night time hunt on the way to see our folks in NJ for Thanksgiving. D'Oh!

Considering how many of there are in NJ, I had to move to NC to finally hit one. You guys ever had the misfortune?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You gonna mount it?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Hit one in a Landcruiser a few years back.
    Mega damage to vehicle, no (human) injuries. Glad your OK.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I You guys ever had the misfortune?
    Yep! This time last year. 2 miles from my house on the way to the range. The S.O.B crossed the road to get to me. If he had stayed put would probably still be alive today!
    Not much damage though. One light, grill and bumper.IMG_20191130_140704832.jpgIMG_20191130_140658171_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wife nailed a doe on the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2017 while we were driving back home. I looked up just in time to see the hit along with seeing a buck that had been after her falling off a rock cut after he must have freaked out over the impact.

My best friend's mom has took out numerous deer with cars.

She even managed to hit a rabbit in such a way it was thrown up and forward enough to land on and dent the hood.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-30-20 at 09:54.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I was thinking of using my 308 OBR and DeadAir SandmanL, but I ended up settling on my 2018 Chevy Colorado.

Night time hunt on the way to see our folks in NJ for Thanksgiving. D'Oh!

Considering how many of there are in NJ, I had to move to NC to finally hit one. You guys ever had the misfortune?
    I am in north Durham, border the Eno River State Park. I have hit...3?...in the past 10 years. Never totaled, but serious damage with each. Never a big buck like yours, though...smaller males or does.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry for your misfortune. I live in east Central Illinois, car-deer accidents are very common here. I've hit deer twice. In the past 2 weeks, I've had to swerve twice to avoid deer, 1 on the road, and 1 coming towards it from the shoulder. I just bought a 2017 Chevy Traverse, I can't believe how many I've nearly hit since I got it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Deer v car are super prevalent in NJ, my guess is because hunting is so limited. A lot of people I know hit one up there, this is a first for me. Have to say, truck made it another 130 miles to my parents and then the 465 miles back, no problems. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    You gonna mount it?
    Why does everyone keep asking me that?

Crap happens, I've always wanted to start hunting, but not like this.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations on your first buck. He’s nice sized. Perhaps next time, if I may offer a suggestion, use a bullet or an arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Congratulations on your first buck. He’s nice sized. Perhaps next time, if I may offer a suggestion, use a bullet or an arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear tell that a briskly moving truck has more than sufficient energy to take any north American big game including the big bears.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast