Thread: KAC SR-25 pistol feedback requested

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

KAC SR-25 pistol feedback requested

Hey team,

I wanted some feedback on the SR25 platform, specifically the usability with a brace (sba3). I recently purchased the goods ie Sr25 lower and the 14.5"CC upper. Do people run this setup and how is the recoil impulse when shooting with a brace? Or is my best bet to pin and weld a Mams for 16" rifle length.

Mainly shooting run and gun steel inside 200m, but, signing up for distance training/range time at 400-600m.

Thank you and happy holidays

Feedback Score
    Pin and Weld. Be done with. Or just get a 16" barrel.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Pin and Weld. Be done with. Or just get a 16" barrel.
    Thanks for the feedback 223to45. Yo I live near bellevue, and shoot at WCA frequently. I see your in WA too, high five man

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflylo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback 223to45. Yo I live near bellevue, and shoot at WCA frequently. I see your in WA too, high five man
    I am Way up north.

No real reason to mess with a Brace, when there is other options. The difference between 14.5 vs 16, won't really be noticed in handling.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would pin and weld and get a regular stock. Why spend that much money and have to run a brace. And yes gets the MAMS.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thats where I'm leaning. KAC stated they are phasing out the 16" cc upper and only manufacturing the 14.5" moving forward, heard that on the phone from them today.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey team,

I wanted some feedback on the SR25 platform, specifically the usability with a brace (sba3). I recently purchased the goods ie Sr25 lower and the 14.5"CC upper. Do people run this setup and how is the recoil impulse when shooting with a brace? Or is my best bet to pin and weld a Mams for 16" rifle length.

Mainly shooting run and gun steel inside 200m, but, signing up for distance training/range time at 400-600m.

From a function standpoint braces are stocks.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Hey team,
    My advice is to use a brace to make absolutely sure that everything is working correctly before pinning a muzzle device.
    I would also recommend waiting a couple of months for the *new* open brake to be released commercially. It was designed to provide 1.6" of addition to barrel length.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    My advice is to use a brace to make absolutely sure that everything is working correctly before pinning a muzzle device.
    I would also recommend waiting a couple of months for the *new* open brake to be released commercially. It was designed to provide 1.6" of addition to barrel length.
    Hey Jack,

Thank you for the input, your team at KAC was very polite and helpful when I chatted with them on the phone too. I'll be on standby for the new brake.

I've been searching through some of your other posts re the platform and learning as I go, much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pretty sure WCA does pin and weld jobs don't they?