Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SBR Accuracy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Shoot it at 100, and try a different, known match grade load. Some guns are picky, but I would say that combo should be shooting tighter than 3" at 50 yards.

Shoot it at 100 with off the shelf ammo and a known good mounted scope, then let someone else do the same. There are just too many variables with home cooked ammo and a RDO.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here is a bit of advice about accuracy: Ignore people talking about their group sizes on the internet. Its akin to people talking about their dick size, everyone is a sub MOA stud on the internet.

Your first hint of bullsh*t is people talking about shooting 1-2 MOA with M193. If someone like Molon can't get M193 to group better than 3 MOA then you can imagine the validity of random people on the internet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Here is a bit of advice about accuracy: Ignore people talking about their group sizes on the internet. Its akin to people talking about their dick size, everyone is a sub MOA stud on the internet.

Your first hint of bullsh*t is people talking about shooting 1-2 MOA with M193. If someone like Molon can't get M193 to group better than 3 MOA then you can imagine the validity of random people on the internet.

100% yes.

Guys claiming to get submoa with their generic ammo is garbage. Ammo manufacturers are not supplying premium ammo and pretending its range fodder.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Molon's data is wonderful as it is statistically relevant with true n of 10 data points, repeated 3 times each, and aggregated. I love his dedication to providing true valid expectations for a given load and rifle combination. When applied, I quickly realized that I don't own any rifle that is truly MOA and my shooting and reloading precision requires fine tuning. The bottom line? Shoot more than 3 or 5 rounds. Do it multiple times. Evaluate with an unbiased eye.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Molon's data is wonderful as it is statistically relevant with true n of 10 data points, repeated 3 times each, and aggregated. I love his dedication to providing true valid expectations for a given load and rifle combination. When applied, I quickly realized that I don't own any rifle that is truly MOA and my shooting and reloading precision requires fine tuning. The bottom line? Shoot more than 3 or 5 rounds. Do it multiple times. Evaluate with an unbiased eye.
    Keeping track of group averages over time is good. But you can get rather good approximations of larger groups by extrapolating from 3 or 5 shot groups. Larue posted this a while ago and I’ve found it is a pretty good predictor of dispersion over larger sets of shots.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PappyM3; 01-05-21 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

Absolutely, unequivocally the most accurate statement I have seen on the erronet in a long time. Should be a sticky.

Cheers, Steve

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234