Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot on shotguns

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Red dot on shotguns

For those using shotguns are you putting red dots in them? I use my M4 for a HD weapon and have only used the irons. Thinking about buying a ADM low mount and putting my Trijicon MRO on it.

Feedback Score
    I've thought about doing it, but it just seems weird to me. I'm rocking a Mossberg 500 pump and it would feel wrong for me. I don't know.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel79 View Post
    For those using shotguns are you putting red dots in them? I use my M4 for a HD weapon and have only used the irons. Thinking about buying a ADM low mount and putting my Trijicon MRO on it.
    That’ll work fine.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Don't listen to me.... I don't even like sights on shotguns! I point not aim them. If the gun fits you reasonably well and you practice enough it will be pointed where you are looking when you mount it. When you put the MRO on it your face will be way off of the stock. (Height of the optic) I guess you could jack the comb up and make it half ass work.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have an Aimpoint Micro with an Aridus Rob Haught Mod CROM Aperture on my 1301. It allows co-witness with the iron sights and is an awesome setup. My iron sighted 870 collects dust these days.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Don't listen to me.... I don't even like sights on shotguns! I point not aim them. If the gun fits you reasonably well and you practice enough it will be pointed where you are looking when you mount it. When you put the MRO on it your face will be way off of the stock. (Height of the optic) I guess you could jack the comb up and make it half ass work.
    Which is a big reason I love my CROM, by the time you put on a rail and a mount your optic is skying up there.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I have an Aimpoint Micro with an Aridus Rob Haught Mod CROM Aperture on my 1301. It allows co-witness with the iron sights and is an awesome setup. My iron sighted 870 collects dust these days.
    I’ve got a Langdon tactical 1301 on order with that same sight/mount for a Trijicon RMR. I might just keep the irons on the M4 and get an RMR for the LTT 1301. Or if I only had endless money I could get a scalar sync with an optic for the m4 and another optic for the 1301.
    Last edited by Diesel79; 12-02-20 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I've used an Eotech on a railed 870 Police. Cheek weld was more like chin weld which is a huge pet peeve of mine so I switched back to irons. Something like the CROM mount looks like a very good way to alleviate this.

Feedback Score
    I have a vortex red/green dot Strikefire II on my Vepr 12. I have been using the combo for whitetail hunting primarily, but getting a pretty good number of shells through it just shooting. An excellent pairing that is accurate and bullet proof. I wouldn't give up my Vepr for any other combat shotgun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After replacing an Aimpoint H-1 with a 3x prism scope on my 6920, I decided to try it out on my 870 that is fitted with Magpul furniture. I removed the spacer on the BOBRO 1/3 co-witness QD mount and mounted the H-1 to the QD base to get the sight lower. Attached a MESA Tactical 4 round sidesaddle shell carrier with built in Picatinny rail to the 870's receiver. After mounting the H-1, noticed it was a little bit high and prevented me from getting a solid cheek weld. Corrected that by installing a Magpul .75" SGA High Cheek Riser to the stock.

Even with my slight astigmatism, the H-1 improved my accuracy when shooting 1 oz. slugs out to 50 yards and also kept my patterns centered using 00 buck out to 25 yards. Should the H-1 go South on me, I can quickly remove it and use the shallow notches cut into the rail top as an alignment channel out to the front bead sight. This combo has worked out well for me, but it only has 25 rounds of slugs and 100 rounds of 00 buck through it. I have no idea if the H-1 Micro will hold up in the long run to the recoil of a 12 Gauge pump shotgun even when using low recoil rounds. Only time will tell I guess.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast