Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Loaded Mags. How Long?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    So did I screw up by loading 90 D&H mags to 29rds last week for storage?
    I wouldn’t sweat it.

Feedback Score
    Wolff Gunsprings claims a magazine loaded for a long period of time does fatigue the spring to some degree. Why would you store your ammunition this way? I couldn’t imagine needing more than a couple loaded magazines, or at most a few. Wolff does say downloading by one or two rounds does reduce spring fatigue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Is something wrong with then year old ammunition?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Old-is-Too-Old
    Depends on how it is stored. Hot, humid conditions are not ammunition's friend.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I don’t think it’ll bother anything but that’s kinda weird unless you’re getting ready for a machine gun shoot or something.

I generally have a loaded mag in the ARs I keep ready to use and a few spares loaded.

I keep a set of 5 training mags that are numbered that I use at the range.

I don’t keep the whole stash of my mags loaded because they’re just extras in the event that I have to replace one or something.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I don’t think it’ll bother anything but that’s kinda weird unless you’re getting ready for a machine gun shoot or something.

I generally have a loaded mag in the ARs I keep ready to use and a few spares loaded.

I keep a set of 5 training mags that are numbered that I use at the range.

I don’t keep the whole stash of my mags loaded because they’re just extras in the event that I have to replace one or something.

Just cleaning and organizing the house after the holidays. I was able to consolidate my gun stuff by loading up the mags and putting them in FAT50 ammo cans that stack nicely inside my safe. 28 mags in each can.

The idea is that I'll give my two sons one can each with their AR in a few years when they're old enough to shoot.

I only did it because I've read so many times on here and other places that it's totally fine with quality USGI mags, especially downloading one round, to leave loaded for many years.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    I couldn’t imagine needing more than a couple loaded magazines, or at most a few.
    MOST people couldn't... until yesterday.

If you live in a big city, you just MIGHT have HUNDREDS of loaded magazines, at the ready...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789