Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornady 62 gr. FMJBT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hornady 62 gr. FMJBT

Does anyone have experience with these? If so, what are your thoughts on them, especially as compared with respect to Hornady's comparable 55 gr. offering?
    Last edited by Submariner; 12-02-20 at 17:58. Reason: Grammar.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Does anyone have experience with these? If so, what are your thoughts on them, especially as compared with respect to Hornady's comparable 55 gr. offering?
    I go though lots of these, majority of what I shoot. I chose them because its easy to make them roughly match the zero of the 68-70 gr projectiles that I also shoot, without pushing the pressure limits. They work with lots of powders. They are inexpensive and accurate enough, so I use them mostly for training at 0-300m. They’ll do 500 in a pinch, no problem. And they have no steel core, which is a bonus.

The 55s are probably just as good to 300 or so, but I like having ammo that I can shoot 500yd matches with if I need to, without changing my zero too much. 55 drifts a little more, too, but I don’t think it makes a big difference vs 62 FMJ.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good bullets, but after the 62 HPBTWCs were available in the previous few years, there was no reason to shoot the regular FMJs.

I think someone here was selling a bunch off in the EE, but at 13 cents delivered, I passed on them. We don't shoot much FMJ at all, so I try to get them cheap as possible.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Good bullets, but after the 62 HPBTWCs were available in the previous few years, there was no reason to shoot the regular FMJs.

I think someone here was selling a bunch off in the EE, but at 13 cents delivered, I passed on them. We don't shoot much FMJ at all, so I try to get them cheap as possible.
    Where are y’all finding these?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...ure-1500-count

These were/are an unbelievable value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shooting through a couple K of them right now. Shoot just fine for a FMJ quasi economy bullet. About 2 MOA out of my guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Honestly I wasn’t impressed with these. They’re good plinkers and I can get 2MOA out of them, but the HPBTs were a cent or two more and I get sub MOA easily

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I grabbed some of these,yea just blamo-ammo stuff,but hey there out there so get what ya can. Although it seems that there are a decent amount of Match/Quality bullet still out there. These are around .10 cents each plus Grafs typical $9.95 shipping.
    https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/75163
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 12-03-20 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Honestly I wasn’t impressed with these. They’re good plinkers and I can get 2MOA out of them, but the HPBTs were a cent or two more and I get sub MOA easily
    This is it. ^^

I'd grab some of the FMJ for slamming steal because the reduced velocity compared to 55 gr is nice. But other than that, the HPBT were too close in price.
    Last edited by markm; 12-03-20 at 13:31.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Yes, only 2¢ more for the 62 HPBT. Are any of y’all really working up sub minute loads with 62s? I mean, I’m sure it could be done, but I’m not sure why you’d go through the effort. I’d use heavier bullets for precision work.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast