Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Probably the worst AR fail ever

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Meh...have seen just as bad or worse from "trained, armed-professionals"

My number 1 AR15 Fail:

At least the dude in OP had a general concept of how things should go.

Officer ChickenWing here is live and on scene with that mess...not on the range. Cant even say that I've tried to put my mag in upside down and backward but that's got to take some doing to get it to stick like that. It's also daylight so the "grabbed it out of the dark trunk" excuse is out. What a travesty. Also, WTF, Texas...y'all talk a big game, she's one of yours.
    I know it's old; this was on the bulletin board when I was a cadet. She's probably busy collecting her second pension as a chief somewhere now.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 12-03-20 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Meh...have seen just as bad or worse from "trained, armed-professionals"

My number 1 AR15 Fail:

At least the dude in OP had a general concept of how things should go.

Officer ChickenWing here is live and on scene with that mess...not on the range. Cant even say that I've tried to put my mag in upside down and backward but that's got to take some doing to get it to stick like that. It's also daylight so the "grabbed it out of the dark trunk" excuse is out. What a travesty. Also, WTF, Texas...y'all talk a big game, she's one of yours.
    I know it's old; this was on the bulletin board when I was a cadet. She's probably busy collecting her second pension as a chief somewhere now.
    The chicken wing is what kills me.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I I've seen plenty of this at 3guns over the years. Practically the first thing I learned at my first IDPA from a guy who trained others was when you insert a mag in your pistol, pull on it to make sure it's locked.
    With magpul mags I download one to prevent this with a closed bolt.
    It one of those things, if you haven't you will and it will be during a match.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This video below is not funny or entertaining but it does have a happy ending and no officer was killed.

Short description:

Female trooper made a car stop and was shot by the driver. Then the driver took off again. It appeared she was shot in the left hand as we can see the blood. She stayed in the fight and resume the chase and eventually the driver/shooter pulled over again.

Officer pulled her AR and attempted to get it ready for work. She tried to charge the gun with the left hand (the shot hand) but that failed. She then pulled on the charging handle with the right hand. I couldn't tell if she actually was successful in chambering the first round or not. I'm afraid she didn't pull it far enough, therefore she chambered AIR. That's when it got really exciting. We can see the magazine dropped. I don't think she noticed it. She proceeded to exit her vehicle and approach the suspect with a rifle with no magazine and may not even have a round in the chamber.

Luckily the suspect wasn't smart enough to see the "no mag" or he was done fighting, he gave up peacefully.

It gave me goosebumps to think that had the suspect decided to fight, she might have pulled the trigger and get a click.

The magazine dropped out at 5:45 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=latLT6Jzud4&t=7s

She is a tough individual. By luck, she didn't have to pull the trigger on that AR.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This video below is not funny or entertaining but it does have a happy ending and no officer was killed.

Short description:

Female trooper made a car stop and was shot by the driver. Then the driver took off again. It appeared she was shot in the left hand as we can see the blood. She stayed in the fight and resume the chase and eventually the driver/shooter pulled over again.

Officer pulled her AR and attempted to get it ready for work. She tried to charge the gun with the left hand (the shot hand) but that failed. She then pulled on the charging handle with the right hand. I couldn't tell if she actually was successful in chambering the first round or not. I'm afraid she didn't pull it far enough, therefore she chambered AIR. That's when it got really exciting. We can see the magazine dropped. I don't think she noticed it. She proceeded to exit her vehicle and approach the suspect with a rifle with no magazine and may not even have a round in the chamber.

Luckily the suspect wasn't smart enough to see the "no mag" or he was done fighting, he gave up peacefully.

It gave me goosebumps to think that had the suspect decided to fight, she might have pulled the trigger and get a click.

The magazine dropped out at 5:45 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=latLT6Jzud4&t=7s

She is a tough individual. By luck, she didn't have to pull the trigger on that AR.
    I actually watched that video a few days ago. That was intense. I kept hoping she'd get a mag in that AR. But props to her for not giving up after she'd been shot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Laying the rifle down by the perp was what amazed me. Backup is coming, just hold him at gun point for a few minutes unless you know your blood loss will be an issue for you. She will be better prepared for the next rodeo for sure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    With magpul mags I download one to prevent this with a closed bolt.
    It one of those things, if you haven't you will and it will be during a match.
    On my 3 AR's I really don't have a problem with locking a full mag on a closed bolt. But my shooting bud has a really hard time with even a slightly downloaded mag. Its a JP upper and bolt on a AERO lower. We haven't figured out the prob yet. Other than that issue it runs fine.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I retired in the Spring and work part time as a RSO at a local indoor range now. I saw the mag tap to the bare head this week. Everyday single work day I see people with 31 rounds in their Magpuls drop the mag after they can't get it seated. Probably the most common stupid move I see is rifle won't fire, pull the charging handle and a live round flies out on to the floor. Rifle won't fire again and cycle another live round out. Usually by the third round or so I will point out that the safety is on. Honestly it happens at least once everyday I work. It is an amazing social study that is quite entertaining. David

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Mag loaded with 28 rounds coupled with the push/pull technique goes a long way in preventing this sort of stuff.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    I retired in the Spring and work part time as a RSO at a local indoor range now. I saw the mag tap to the bare head this week. Everyday single work day I see people with 31 rounds in their Magpuls drop the mag after they can't get it seated. Probably the most common stupid move I see is rifle won't fire, pull the charging handle and a live round flies out on to the floor. Rifle won't fire again and cycle another live round out. Usually by the third round or so I will point out that the safety is on. Honestly it happens at least once everyday I work. It is an amazing social study that is quite entertaining. David
    Many people I see at the range just don't have a good handle on the manual of arms for their particular piece. A close 2nd is how to hold a pistol in a way that is going to help you hit the target.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast