Thread: Nobel Sport Vectan Tubal 5000 powder?

Feedback Score

Nobel Sport Vectan Tubal 5000 powder?

Anyone here use or have experience with?

I saw it online and pointed my son towards it cause he has nothing in the way of powders. He grabbed 4lbs to play with in his Mosin Nagant and in his AR type rifles. MFG had published load data for .223 but nothing for the Mosin.

From what little reading I did that stuff might work out ok in the Mosin. About 200% sure he can't fit enough in the cases to even come close to blowing that thing up.

Kid finally has most of his tools, a variety of different projectiles, primers, lots of brass and now some powder inbound to experiment and learn to reload with.

Seriously considering picking him up a cheap chronograph for his Christmas from me. Pretty sure it would be something that he would actually USE if he had one. Considering this one if anyone has thoughts on it:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020438152?pid=988434

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think that's the one we used for quite some time. I had an instructor who was a chrono fanatic, and he thought any of these lower priced units weren't accurate enough. But I cross checked this one against my Magneto Speed and it was good. Plenty good enough for knowing that you're in the desired velocity range.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Seriously considering picking him up a cheap chronograph for his Christmas from me. Pretty sure it would be something that he would actually USE if he had one. Considering this one if anyone has thoughts on it:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020438152?pid=988434

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Do it. He needs a chrono if he's going to reload, and I have an older Competition Electronics that's been super...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Do it. He needs a chrono if he's going to reload, and I have an older Competition Electronics that's been super...
    About to order it right now.

Same place has replacement diffusers and rods for 10 bucks. Should I add them to the cart as well or no?

Guessing if I do buy those he will shoot the important part instead and if I don't get the spare parts he will shoot the rods or diffusers. LOL!

No doubt it will help him on his reloading journey.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Same place has replacement diffusers and rods for 10 bucks. Should I add them to the cart as well or no?

Guessing if I do buy those he will shoot the important part instead and if I don't get the spare parts he will shoot the rods or diffusers...
    For ten bucks? Heck, yes...

Knock wood, I haven't shot the chrono itself, but I have twice nicked the rods. In both cases the bullet bent the rod, and I simply bent it back.

If you're really worried about him shooting the expensive part, then given that it's bluetooth and you don't need to see the read-out, you could rig up some kind of AR500 armor for it. (I've seen this on the errornet.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure how close that is in design to old Shooting Chronies, but their instructions mentioned using drink straws in lieu of the rods to minimize chance of damage to the box if clipped.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    For ten bucks? Heck, yes...

Knock wood, I haven't shot the chrono itself, but I have twice nicked the rods. In both cases the bullet bent the rod, and I simply bent it back.

If you're really worried about him shooting the expensive part, then given that it's bluetooth and you don't need to see the read-out, you could rig up some kind of AR500 armor for it. (I've seen this on the errornet.)
    Very much appreciate the advice here sir.

Placing order now....