Thread: Opinions on the Wilson EDC X9L?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Question Opinions on the Wilson EDC X9L?

VZ Grips has finally been allowed to release grips for the EDC X9/X9L, so I've been looking into the X9L and realized...

I haven't found any reviews on here. And a search for the EDC X9L (on this forum) turns up pre-X9L threads on the original EDC X9 and newer threads on the Staccato P, where the EDC X9/X9L are mentioned (mostly) in passing. A Google search of the greater interweb mostly turns up announcement threads from the EDC X9L's introduction, Spring 2019.

Given this apparent dearth of information here (and in general), I was wondering if those who have experience with the EDC X9L might be willing to share their thoughts and opinions on the EDC X9L.

Thanks!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    One of the Range Crew has an EDC X9L.

It is a very good carry gun IMO. A "re-imagined" BHP/P-35 of sorts.
    Exceptionally easy to shoot raoidly/accurately- as a carry gun should be.
    It's major advantage in my eyes is the FCG is pure 1911. There is no mushy, long reset as in a P-35, same mag capacity, better ergo's re. thumb safety/lack of grip safety.

While I'm certainly not a Wilson fan boy, this one has been well thought out and executed.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Love my EDC 9XL. Have both the standard and the 9XL. It is the one with the magwell, I wouldn't buy it without the magwell I prefer it and my standard doesn't have it. Tack driver of course, and I do have the plain black rear and orange front, on both and it's the easiest to pick up for me. Waited some time to pick up the 9XL, hemmed and hawed about buying it. Passed up a 30% off deal at my old gun store when they were moving (kicked myself for a few months), but then lucked into one on GunBroker for exactly the same price (new old stock) minus the orange front sight. Snatched it and don't regret it at all.