Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt O1070CQB Vs. Springer TRP

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Please elaborate on your comment regarding the Colt series 80 system. Where did you find your information regarding possible timing issues?
    The safety plunger can have timing issues (not fully retract in time) based on slide speed. I had that issue with a colt rail gun that I had changed recoil/mainsprings on. If it was a series 70 that wouldn’t have been an issue. Granted that was an IDPA gun that I tuned for reloads with much lighter springs. But I just don’t see the benefit given the potential for headache. Just google “colt series 80 timing” and there is a bunch of info on the matter.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 12-06-20 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    Are you sure that that springer pro isn't a TRP model? A Springfield Professional represents the penultimate of modern 1911s and would put it up against any custom shop that uses in spec parts in the country. If you found a Springfield Professional for $1480, don't buy it and send me the name of the company so I can chastise them for putting that filth out there for such a high price.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMike89 View Post
    Are you sure that that springer pro isn't a TRP model? A Springfield Professional represents the penultimate of modern 1911s and would put it up against any custom shop that uses in spec parts in the country. If you found a Springfield Professional for $1480, don't buy it and send me the name of the company so I can chastise them for putting that filth out there for such a high price.
    I have a Pro already. The Springer is a railed TRP. I was asking about pros and cons of the TRP vs the Colt CQB.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Well I went ahead and ordered the Colt CQB, heading this way. I waited a day too long so spent another $130.00.......The TRP may be on the radar for Christmas...........Staccato............it was easier when I had 6 Glock 19's and 6 AR's.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Colt O1070CQB Vs. Springer TRP

Some of us may be interested to learn why you made your decision, since I don’t think anyone suggested the Colt.

I stumbled across a CCU for $700 a few years ago, and still think I should have bought it. At well over a grand, Colts lose their appeal to me.
    Last edited by grizzman; 12-07-20 at 13:54.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Some of us may be interested to learn why you made your decision, since I don’t think anyone suggested the Colt.

I stumbled across a CCU for $700 a few years ago, and still think I should have bought it. At well over a grand, Colts lose their appeal to me.
    The Govt. CCU that I have is very smooth, reliable, and accurate. Quite honestly my past Colts all had a lot of work to be as good. I've got a friend that wants my CCU/OCC and is willing to work something out with his TRP. I'll have to give a bit but I have less in the OCC than he does in the TRP, which is why I was talking about Christmas. Also, I believe the Colt is a lot harder to find so I'll give it a shot.

I shot 1911's as a young child till 1999 when I had to switch to Glock. As a young cop my custom 1911's were worth selling at the time with 2 young kids, wife, house payment, etc. As I'm older I can afford them now is the real answer. I'll end up with one or two others over time. At the end of the day you buy what you think is best for you, same reason I owned Larues, Colts, BCM, Noveske, and frankenguns.

You're right about people not recommending the Colt, but my question was what are the pros or cons to the Colt CQB vs. TRP.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You can't go wrong with a TRP, DW or Stacatto. I own them all and all are awesome.

PB
    I'm glad you got a good TRP, but IME they are as hit or miss as other SAI guns.

Not a TRP or SAI hater (I have 3, a TRP, an older MC Operator and one of the LB Operators with RMR) but they are the three good ones / best guns out of about a dozen SAI's over the years.

Your best chance of getting a good 1911 out of the gate at this time is Dan Wesson. Current Stacatto 2011's are great guns but I don't know anyone with serious round counts on their single stack guns.

Feedback Score
    I have a trp op that I bought back in 14 I think. That gun is as solid as they come. It’ll almost shoot as accurate as my wilson elite. The trigger is a little heavier, not quit as smooth as the wc but I can’t complain about it, it’s differences as minuscule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    The Govt. CCU that I have is very smooth, reliable, and accurate. Quite honestly my past Colts all had a lot of work to be as good. I've got a friend that wants my CCU/OCC and is willing to work something out with his TRP. I'll have to give a bit but I have less in the OCC than he does in the TRP, which is why I was talking about Christmas. Also, I believe the Colt is a lot harder to find so I'll give it a shot.

I shot 1911's as a young child till 1999 when I had to switch to Glock. As a young cop my custom 1911's were worth selling at the time with 2 young kids, wife, house payment, etc. As I'm older I can afford them now is the real answer. I'll end up with one or two others over time. At the end of the day you buy what you think is best for you, same reason I owned Larues, Colts, BCM, Noveske, and frankenguns.

You're right about people not recommending the Colt, but my question was what are the pros or cons to the Colt CQB vs. TRP.
    I highly recommend the Colt CQBP M45A1. I have a custom shop version. Amazing. I’ve had a TRP but I had FTF issues so I sold it. I like the TRP’s and am thinking about getting a stainless version.

The person the brought up the series 80 timing issue??? I’ve never seen that. When people start messing with internals then you better know what you are doing. That’s the cause of issues. Series 80 is great. The regular blue case version is about on par with a TRP. The custom shop version is closer to the Professional model. Blue case M45A1 is a line built Gun just like the springer TRP.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    The model Colt you posted is from Colt's Custom Shop. The TRP is a production pistol. Not a comparison of equals.

I have had 9 Springfields and have kept 3 - 2 Mil Specs and one very limited edition Springfield Combat Operator. It came out of SACS and has tool steel innards. All 3 are great shooters, with one of them having had some work done by John Hammond. The single most accurate 1911 I have ever owned was a TRP Operator.

I have had a lot of Colts, and I would disagree that they are not good. They have been very good, and two of them (a Gunsite Commander which came from the CCS and my CCU CCO) have been great pistols, very near equal to DW in quality and better in accuracy.

People mention DW. I have had 3 DWs, one of which was a custom Silverback (the other two were a Valor and a Heritage). They are really good pistols but not great. I would echo what has been said about STI. I would take a STI over a DW every time.

You are open to something around $2K? Look at Les Baer. Find a used Alchemy Custom Weaponry 1911, and you will be hard pressed to ever see a reason to spend more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast