Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn’t realize how easy it was

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Didn’t realize how easy it was

I submitted my first form 1 to SBR my MK18 yesterday. I was surprised how easy it was. Just did my own fingerprints and I’m overnighting those tomorrow. And, the short wait times for a form 1 make it that much better.

I’m waiting on a form 4 for a suppressor as well. That check was cashed 3.5 months ago so would be awesome if I get both back right before Christmas.

I know, cool story, but it’s my form 1 cherry so I’m excited.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    EForm1’s are great these days. Problem is like form 4’s, you can’t have just one. I SBR’d a lower this last summer, now I have 2 more lined up to be done once I get some spare stamp money scraped up. I’d have one in the works, but I jumped on a 590A1 SBS at my local gun store so I have the clock starting as soon as the paperwork arrives at the ATF. My last form 4’s took almost a year as the stamps were sent out during the Covid shutdown....taking almost 2 months from approval to be received at the FFL.

Hopefully you form 4 arrives in time for Xmas. Not sure what the form1 times are these days, Mine took 23 days back in June. I suspect it will be next month unless the ATF is working overtime.

Feedback Score
    There's no point in over nighting the fingerprint cards. It won't make the process go faster. Add tracking to regular mail if you're concerned that they won't get delivered. I've never done that and every set of cards I mailed off has arrived successfully.

Feedback Score
    For all the hating on the ATF, the examiners seem really decent people who are doing their best.
    Eforms circa 1998 web technology causes me to regularly get close to stroking out, talking to the staff convinces you it sucks 10x more to be on their end.
    They seem to have done well during COVID on the timeliness measure, so thanks from this voluntary tax payer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Didn’t realize how easy it was

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    There's no point in over nighting the fingerprint cards. It won't make the process go faster. Add tracking to regular mail if you're concerned that they won't get delivered. I've never done that and every set of cards I mailed off has arrived successfully.
    I always do what the OP did for the first time, and I respectfully disagree. Eforms need to have fingers prints within 15 days.

Always prepare for the worst. Mail delays, and processing delays, the best thing to do, is make sure it gets there as fast as possible to pad the 15 days as much as possible to make room for Murphy’s law.

Not to mention the obvious reason to get a signature receiving verification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 12-06-20 at 23:31.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I submitted my first form 1 to SBR my MK18 yesterday. I was surprised how easy it was. Just did my own fingerprints and I’m overnighting those tomorrow. And, the short wait times for a form 1 make it that much better.

I’m waiting on a form 4 for a suppressor as well. That check was cashed 3.5 months ago so would be awesome if I get both back right before Christmas.

I know, cool story, but it’s my form 1 cherry so I’m excited.
    It was easier pre Obumbo 41F.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I always do what the OP did for the first time, and I respectfully disagree. Eforms need to have fingers prints within 15 days.
    Always prepare for the worst. Mail delays, and processing delays, the best thing to do, is make sure it gets there as fast as possible to pad the 15 days as much as possible to make room for Murphy’s law.
    Good points, but mine have made it every time. Of course this time of year could be an exception. I think priority mail with tracking might be a more cost effective option, though I don't know how much USPS overnight is.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    It was easier pre Obumbo 41F.
    From a trust standpoint, I certainly understand it being easier before 41F. However, from an individual standpoint, it's easier now. You no longer have to get a signature from a CLEO. This means no waiting on them or not having them refuse to sign. Since a CLEO signature isn't required, it has made e-filing Form 1's possible.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    When I can bring myself to pay the gubment for the honor of making my blasters quieter, I will do it. That day has not come. Good to the hear process is smoother.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The wait time (and out of stock) for supressors turns me away from them currently but I am leaning towards SBR-ing a lower to use with my 11.3" barrel early next year.

Andy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It’s actually 10 days. I imagine that trips a lot of people up. If you aren’t prepared with fingerprints ahead of time, probably aren’t getting them there in time.

And exactly, the reason why I did express mail is because I’ve been having a terrible time this year with all the carriers. I have some gun parts that have been stuck at a distribution center now for 2.5 weeks.

With how much a mk18 costs, the tax stamp, etc, I’ll pay $25 every time to ensure it doesn’t get held up and prevent me from getting my form 1 in a timely manner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast