Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 in 9mm...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15dave View Post
    I just searched under semi-auto pistols, 1911 and then selected the caliber 9mm. Came right up on GB.
    I did that and eight came up. However, none had tactical in the title.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is my $169.00 9mm "1911". Spanish Civil Guard Star BM-9, re-contoured grip, beaver tail, and trigger guard. Dehorned and and slightly melted slide and barrel bushing. Polished feed ramp. Bead blasted and refinished in a matte gray Gunkote finish.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    This is my $169.00 9mm "1911". Spanish Civil Guard Star BM-9, re-contoured grip, beaver tail, and trigger guard. Dehorned and and slightly melted slide and barrel bushing. Polished feed ramp. Bead blasted and refinished in a matte gray Gunkote finish.

My first 1911ish guns were a Ballester Molina, and a Star BKM. I put a lot of rounds thru them as a teenager and into my early 20's. At 20 my Mother might have purchased a Colt Combat Commander in satin nickle that she never shot or even knew what it was.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    The one I was looking at eventually went for over $900 so I let it go. Will see what else pops up. I am sure the current Covid and political environments are gonna jack prices so may just wait. Will see,
    Dave
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol/Rife/Shotgun
    MD HQL Instructor Certified

Feedback Score
    I have a late model Colt Commander in 9MM they has operated flawlessly once I replaced the follower/springs with Tripp kits.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I did that and eight came up. However, none had tactical in the title.
    No "Tactical" model...? Pass..

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    I have a late model Colt Commander in 9MM they has operated flawlessly once I replaced the follower/springs with Tripp kits.
    Tripp along with Metalform are two companies that kind of operate "under the radar" when it comes to 1911 mags and mag parts. Extremely loyal following in the 1911 community, but not a "brand name" that many recognize unless you get into the 1911 platform.

MF are about the only ones I run consistently in my 9mm, though I do have a Tripp that's as reliable as a Swiss clock.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Check out the Ed Brown EVO series. I bought the KC9 and really love it. Great quality and no issues with about 1000 rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    Picked up a Turk 1911 GI clone; beautifully fit and finished, if not quite period correct. The GI sights are a challenge.
    They reputedly also make a 9mm 1911, and they were going for $400+ before the poo hit the airmover.
    For the OP, if you're not totally determined to get a Government, then Commander sized (or even Officers') in 9mm are great.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Picked up a Turk 1911 GI clone; beautifully fit and finished, if not quite period correct. The GI sights are a challenge.
    They reputedly also make a 9mm 1911, and they were going for $400+ before the poo hit the airmover.
    For the OP, if you're not totally determined to get a Government, then Commander sized (or even Officers') in 9mm are great.
    Moon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast