Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Combat Training Options When Gun Access Isn't Possible?

Feedback Score

Question Alternative Combat Training Options When Gun Access Isn't Possible?

I'm in a country getting guns & ammo are going to be a bit of a challenge. I also haven't fired a gun in decades.

I'm looking to get weapons & combat skills needed for family defense, all the way to potential civil war. And do it in the fastest, most practical ways possible.

I won't be able to get guns, or ammo anytime soon. With that in mind, veterans what are the best options?
    • VR based video combat games? If so, which ones give the most practical translation to real world combat?
    • Airsoft? Does airsoft gaming, translate to real world combat skills?
    • Paintball gaming? Does that translate to real world combat skills?
    • BB airguns?

If you were starting from zero, and wanting to get as proficient as possible in combat & weapons, but you won't have access to those weapons yet, how would you do it?

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity which country are you living in?

I'll preface this with there's no real substitute to live ammunition , the noise and the recoil all come into play when staying on target.

I'd say airsoft would be the closest to real firearms if, you limit yourself to the ammo capacity of a real firearm.
    If you have rifle magazines that hold hundreds of rounds, that's not a realistic simulation of a real rifle. Magazine changes are an important part of training.

If you can find airsoft players that are combat veterans and willing to train you on the basics, that would be your best bet.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do you have a solid plan to get guns when you need them? Do you expect to rely on “battlefield pick ups”, this would seem a poor plan.

I’d suggest getting training in the use of what you can get where you are. Knife, hands, a stick or what ever.

Edit to add: if you’re serious about gun training and a US citizen I’d travel home and take a course or two at the sig academy or somewhere similar. Sig will rent you guns and sell you ammo for thier classes.
    Last edited by TMS951; 12-09-20 at 11:55.

Feedback Score
    Family defense is one thing, civil war is quite another. If you seriously expect that as a near term reality, might I suggest an orderly transition to a more stable environment. It beats most of the alternatives, just saying.

If that is neither possible nor acceptable to you my next suggestion would be to immerse yourself in the logistical and strategic planning. If you have the means, find an experienced individual local to you with a verifiable skillset. Recruit that individual for training purposes, potential personal protection, and as a possible asset in any upcoming troubles.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your feedback. I'll go down the airsoft route. Hopefully I can find some veterans who have seen live combat.

Are there any first person shooter style games that would realistically translate to combat? (I'm not a gamer, and the thought of wasting hours gaming doesn't appeal to me... but if it gave me the reflexes and visual processing speed I couldn't get from airsoft training, I'd do it.)

I'd rather not comment on the country or reason for not leaving. But suffice it to say, I don't like being unprepared. Civil war is not an impossible reality in the US either right now. (And if vaccinations become forced, I'd expect the militia to protect the people from the tyrants forcing them. And if they didn't, that would mean America is no longer a country I would wan't to go back to. Land of the Free and home of the Brave used to mean something. If the militia lets the tyrants get away with mandatory vaccinations, they are neither free nor brave.)
    Last edited by Emily; 12-09-20 at 13:52.

Feedback Score
    Firearm handling and marksmanship fundamental skills can be learned and practiced to some extent with simple toy guns. Look in the forums for dry fire and low cost snap in practices.

Video games? I am thinking not. Other than possibly helping with quick decision making. Nothing beats force on force training. That is how one gains combat experience. Airsoft, paintball, throwing freaking snowballs. Adversaries doing unscripted ever changing tactics that you are forced to respond to immediately. That's tactics. This can help defend your family in the short term.

Long term planning, recruitment, logistical and administrative support, shaping the battlefield, picking your battles,... that is strategy. This is what you need to to be able to fight on a larger scale.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Learn to avoid bad situation, get in shape, practice martial arts (krav maga, baji quan), obtain other self defense tools.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Airsoft for training. But that doesn't help you protect your family. All that does is make you good at shooting fast at extremely close range and doing mag changes. Those aren't really practical skills to have in a civil war. Besides, are you going to leave your family and go off and join some militia? I wouldn't.

Does your country allow you to have black powder weapons? What about double barrel shotguns? Just because you can't have an assault rifle doesn't mean you can't protect your family from civil unrest. Get yourself a pair of cap and ball revolvers and some black powder shotguns. They worked back then and they still work today. That's two loads of buckshot followed by 12 .45 caliber balls.

Feedback Score
    Veterans: Those who have seen combat, and under live fire, please chime in.

Worst case scenario: Government goes full tyrannical, enforcing NWO mandates...house to house checks...road checkpoints etc. etc. Over the horizon it looks like Covid ID is coming, and potentially mandatory vaccinations. I, and my family will not submit to NWO mandates, period, end of story.

In addition to that, we are going to see ever increasing economic hardship due to the covid false flag lockdowns. This is going to lead to civil unrest in the best case scenario.

Obviously weapons training & martial arts are valuable skills. But what else? I'm adding woodsmanship & wilderness survival to my list. But what else? And what is the realistic way to get these skills? I'm amazed at how lost these skills have become. Finding anyone in this area who is even asking the same questions let alone preparing for the worst case is a slim possibility. (Never thought I'd be asking these questions... wish I would have asked them years sooner & prepared more ahead of time.)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Welcome to the forum....

Keith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast