Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10mm ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Napes on 10mm. I see no reason unless you have a 1000 of 10mm sitting on the shelf. Otherwise you have a huge new project on your hands. And that is not an ideal 2020-21 project. No telling when it will be.

PB.

Not enough reason to buy one, but in the shops I have been in lately, 10mm is probably the most common caliber consistently available versus others on the shelf like .38 S&W, 7.65 Para, .32 Long, and .44 S&W.

In 2009 I was in the Sportsmans Warehouse in Lexington, KY which had 2 boxes of 10mm Auto on the pistol shelf and nothing else.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Not enough reason to buy one, but in the shops I have been in lately, 10mm is probably the most common caliber consistently available versus others on the shelf like .38 S&W, 7.65 Para, .32 Long, and .44 S&W.

In 2009 I was in the Sportsmans Warehouse in Lexington, KY which had 2 boxes of 10mm Auto on the pistol shelf and nothing else.
    Let's Go. BBN! I'm born raised in Lexington. That's probably not enough to live on but if your defending BBN, go for it.

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you’re a reloader, the 10mm is an absolute blast. It’s such a versatile cartridge. You can load anything from powder puff to full power loads & everything in between.

If you’re not a reloader, it’s still an absolute blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just got a 10mm in a trade...now to stock up on some ammo for it..

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    When I used to hunt white tails my last two were shot with 10,s loaded hot. I used a Glock and a S&W 610. At max loadings it's actually closer to a hot .357 than a 41 magnum. But 180's at 1300 were devastating on deer. Other than hunting I think it's a bit much. But if you like it and can afford to get into another caliber now it's a potential powerhouse.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    My truck guns are a Glock 40 in a B&t chassis and a B&T APC pro 10. Both braced. 40 had 180 gr gold dots loaded hot and the APC pro had 110 gr penetrators or 180 grain gold dots. Good for all critters in WA state. In

Feedback Score
    More penetration with the 10mm and solid bullets.

But if that's what you want you want the hot loads. The ones that are not reccomended for the 1911 action because it isnt as strong or supported (case-wise) as Glocks and other 10mm's.

So if you want to shoot hot 10mm loads choose something else.

If you want a 1911 but don't .45 recoil and weight but do want 2 extra rounds and more reliability get the .38 Super.

That's what I plan to do. But it's not a gun I plan to carry, honestly.

Feedback Score
    I used to be in contact with the Texas cop that was the first LE involved shooting with 10mm in the USA according to Ayoob. The cop was not impressed with 10mm and went back to 45acp after the shooting.

If I remember correctly he had a shooting or 2 with 45acp before the 10mm shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I used to be in contact with the Texas cop that was the first LE involved shooting with 10mm in the USA according to Ayoob. The cop was not impressed with 10mm and went back to 45acp after the shooting.

If I remember correctly he had a shooting or 2 with 45acp before the 10mm shooting.
    Scottie is now an attorney, chatted online with him a few times (10+yrs ago).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Scottie is now an attorney, chatted online with him a few times (10+yrs ago).
    Yeah he is in my phone and on my whatsapp good dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast