Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you use to wipe optic lens?

Feedback Score
    I usually use the Kimtech Science Kimwipes Delicate Task Wipes, combined with the Zeiss Lens Cleaner spray, after having of blown any debris off.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Get the lens cleaning wipes from the drug store. They’re used for eye glasses and other optical lenses. Zeiss has really nice ones with no streaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Another vote for Zeiss wipes. Use a lens brush or some kind of blower to clear the dust, then use the wipes. Started doing it this way on SLR lenses and continue on my gun related optics.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    This for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Get the lens cleaning wipes from the drug store. They’re used for eye glasses and other optical lenses. Zeiss has really nice ones with no streaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One thing I have found that works (field expedient), and works well.....the bags that come with Oakley sunglasses. A small drop water on a corner of the bag, gently wipe the lens and then use a dry side to clean up the water and streaks.

Never had a problem with them and never scratched a lens.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The zeiss wipes work real well. I like them the best because you know it’s not contaminated. 1 use and throw away.

I also have a couple of those cleaning pens that came with Scalarworks orders. Those are great for the range back. One end is a brush and one end is a small round microfiber thing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    This for sure!

One thing I have found that works (field expedient), and works well.....the bags that come with Oakley sunglasses. A small drop water on a corner of the bag, gently wipe the lens and then use a dry side to clean up the water and streaks.

Never had a problem with them and never scratched a lens.
    Even better is the Oakley cleaning kit. Keep it in the range bag for my Mframes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had good luck with a product called "cat crap". I have no issues with fogging and it works well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12