Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SA Custom Shop Upgrades

Feedback Score

SA Custom Shop Upgrades

Is Springfield Armory doing upgrades anymore at all? My first 1911 was one of the Imbel framed 1911 Loaded models purchased at the Camp Lejeune PX twenty years ago. The custom shop replaced a worn out barrel and did a minor repair for me a few years ago for free. They didn't even charge me for the barrel replacement, even though there was no defect.

I'd like to get it refinished, spring replacement, tool steel internal upgrades, and a sight replacement. I can't get any response from their custom shop anymore. I started another thread a while back asking about spring weight on a pro, and emailed them at the same time. I got plenty of responses from M4, but none from Springfield.

Does anyone know if they'll do minor work like I'd like to have done now? They used to have a list of work they'd do, but no more it seems.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Springfield Custom Shop as you knew it is no more. They're nothing more than high end production now, same as Les Baer or Ed Brown.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yup. They went to limited work years ago and then shut down altogether a few years later IIRC.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Well crap. Is there anyone out there that does that kind of simple work without having to wait a year. Yes, I know of I'm going to be a 1911 guy I should be able to do that myself, besides the refinishing. But I'm not going to carry a 1911 I used to learn on.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Well crap. Is there anyone out there that does that kind of simple work without having to wait a year. Yes, I know of I'm going to be a 1911 guy I should be able to do that myself, besides the refinishing. But I'm not going to carry a 1911 I used to learn on.
    Wilson Combat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Nighthawk is pretty reasonably priced and easy to work with.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I work with a local 1911 guy who does great work, as nice as some of the high-end custom shops. His backlog is a few months, not years, as he doesn't promote his business nationally beyond his small website.

http://jplprecision.com/

RE Springfield: it's too bad Dave Williams left. When he moved on, the heart of Springfield was gone IMO.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thats sad. I hope they continue to offer great after purchased customer service.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I had forgotten about Wilson and Nighthawk working on other brands. I think Vickers commented on that on one of his videos not long ago. Maybe a podcast.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A friend sent a revolver here for repairs. Got it back in a bit more than a week. Very knowledgeable gunsmith, reasonable prices.

http://www.glenncustom.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast