Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 92X and Omega9k...Blowback issues

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

92X and Omega9k...Blowback issues

Recently mounted a new Omega 9k to a new 92X Centurion. I'm using the 1/2x28 piston as it did not come with any other way to mount it to the pistol. I am experiencing violent blowback everytime I shoot. As in, face-stinging, numerous other shooters describing the experience as painful, violent blowback. Variety of 124 and 147gr FMJ ammo fired.

Any idea what is going on? Any idea on how to fix it?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    What do you mean? Just gas? I have this setup on my 92A3 and it works. I remember some gas but noting amazing. I will give it another shot.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Unburnt propellant and gas. There's a video on YouTube of something similar, I'll see if I can find it.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds like too much cycling power.

How about trying a stiffer booster spring or booster spring shims?

Todd specifically mentions the Beretta M9 as very easy to cycle, therefore needed less booster effect.

This is obviously the Odessa 9 vs the Omega 9k, but the booster function works the same way regardless of model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp-Tm3iy5K4

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Can you buy a direct thread adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have the same issue with my M9A3 & Octane 9.

I wouldn’t dare shoot it without glasses.

Feedback Score
    Do not use a direct thread adapter, you'd just be wasting money and making the set up unreliable and you'll have issues with the mount staying on the gun instead of coming off with the silencer and often times it'll be louder, and being on a Beretta it might not clear the guide rod.

Silencerco pistons all have Osprey orientation grooves and the O-ring in the rear cap isn't able to seal those grooves so gas and particulates go through those grooves and are directed toward the shooter. Buy a piston from Rugged, their pistons will fit the Silencerco silencer and they lack the Osprey orientation grooves so you'll get a significantly better gas seal. Also try different ammo types.
    Last edited by paco ramirez; 12-15-20 at 17:42.
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post
    Do not use a direct thread adapter, you'd just be wasting money and making the set up unreliable and you'll have issues with the mount staying on the gun instead of coming off with the silencer and often times it'll be louder, and being on a Beretta it might not clear the guide rod.

Silencerco pistons all have Osprey orientation grooves and the O-ring in the rear cap isn't able to seal those grooves so gas and particulates go through those grooves and are directed toward the shooter. Buy a piston from Rugged, their pistons will fit the Silencerco silencer and they lack the Osprey orientation grooves so you'll get a significantly better gas seal. Also try different ammo types.
    And thats exactly why I love this forum. Thank you, Rugged Piston ordered.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post

Good info.

Thanks. I'll check out the Rugged piston as well.

ETA: Didn't see them for sale on your site. Would've liked to reward your help with my business
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-21-20 at 18:04.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast