Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Striker Vs. Hammer Fire

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Probably like powdercoat. My post was just a distraction. There is no point.
    I was waiting for some (k) recipes

I don't know where you live but if you freeze it I'll give you my address!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Sorry, brother, this dude got shot because he held his ground in the wrong place, wrong time. I tossed him back into in the woodline after the pic. When I eat them, I just peel them like a sock, thumb the guts out, rinse, and grill them without much thought to recipe. Kinda like small fish. Salt and pepper or seasoning salt, pretty much whatever is on-hand. I’m certain better ways exist.

Really, I usually just ignore them or relocate them kinetically.

I’m the worst at being a snake-eater, it seems. On the bright side, I have now discovered that steel-challenge level loads, basically .380, doesn’t ring my ears through a two-baffle Odessa, and cycles a Glock. Or a Beretta. Not something I’m trying to do on purpose, but its good to know.

Next one is all yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I was waiting for some (k) recipes

I don't know where you live but if you freeze it I'll give you my address!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was issued a 1911 for boarding party duty in Vietnam, 70-71. After my service I use a variety of Colt 1911, a Gold Cup, Commander, Officer's model, right up until the mid 90's, when I cast off the 1911's, and went all Sig.

For the next 13 years I had P220's, P225's, P229's and a lone P245. I shot a bunch, I took training classes, and I competed with my Sig's. No problem with DA/SA transitions nor using a decocker.

Sig's quality started down hill in about 2008-09, and being fickle I began to shed Sig's and acquire Glocks.

I got a G19, then G23, and finally a G30S. I may be one of the few on the planet, that actually made my Glocks trigger stiffer, but the resent stronger. Every one of my Glocks (all Gen' 3's) got a Ghost Edge 3.5 Connector, and an OEM NY1 Spring. I also put a Vickers extended mag release, Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Stop, Grip Force Adapters and proper night sights on each of the them. They ran just fine as so modified. But I always hated Glocks trigger feel with the dingus in the middle, and Glocks grips just never felt just right in the hand, though I did make it work.

Now I've come full circle. I'm shedding Glocks, and acquiring S&W M&P 2.0 Compacts in 9mm only. Other than the sights (which are steel) needing changed to night sights, I've found the perfect pistol for me, with the large backstrap and smooth faced trigger. And yes, I'm buying the variation with a manual Thumb safety, like my 1911's had so long ago.

IMHO and YMMV
    Last edited by BobinNC; 07-16-21 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    I was issued a 1911 for boarding party duty in Vietnam, 70-71. After my service I use a variety of Colt 1911, a Gold Cup, Commander, Officer's model, right up until the mid 90's, when I cast off the 1911's, and went all Sig.

For the next 13 years I had P220's, P225's, P229's and a lone P245. I shot a bunch, I took training classes, and I competed with my Sig's. No problem with DA/SA transitions nor using a decocker.

Sig's quality started down hill in about 2008-09, and being fickle I began to shed Sig's and acquire Glocks.

I got a G19, then G23, and finally a G30S. I may be one of the few on the planet, that actually made my Glocks trigger stiffer, but the resent stronger. Every one of my Glocks (all Gen' 3's) got a Ghost Edge 3.5 Connector, and an OEM NY1 Spring. I also put a Vickers extended mag release, Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Stop, Grip Force Adapters and proper night sights on each of the them. They ran just fine as so modified. But I always hated Glocks trigger feel with the dingus in the middle, and Glocks grips just never felt just right in the hand, though I did make it work.

Now I've come full circle. I'm shedding Glocks, and acquiring S&W M&P 2.0 Compacts in 9mm only. Other than the sights (which are steel) needing changed to night sights, I've found the perfect pistol for me, with the large backstrap and smooth faced trigger. And yes, I'm buying the variation with a manual Thumb safety, like my 1911's had so long ago.

IMHO and YMMV
    Interesting.

S&W 2.0's are my favorite striker-fired pistol, too.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Same here, 4 M&Ps in the house, the 2 Glocks rarely get used. W tuned Apex kits the trigger pull is very close to a 2 stage 1911.
    Mark

Feedback Score
    I love SA triggers but dislike DA's long trigger pull and having 2 different triggers.... am I destined for a 2011?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
    I love SA triggers but dislike DA's long trigger pull and having 2 different triggers.... am I destined for a 2011?
    Probably.

And then you will get fed up with all the nonsense involved with 2011s.

And you’ll end up with a Glock.

It’s just nature.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Probably.

And you’ll end up with a Glock.

It’s just nature.
    From personal experience w Glocks and M&Ps, you can get a crisp and light trigger press MUCH easier w a M&P than a Glock, using aftermarket parts.
    Another option wrt to single action is a SA CZ.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    For the uneducated could you expand on this statement?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516