Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Honey, you don't have to get me anything for Christmas this year"

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Yup. Don't fall for it bro.
    No, actually do it. Call her bluff on it.
    Then when she is good and pissed, make sure that she subtly finds the thing you actually DID get her later in the day.
    Every so often you gotta prove you are smarter than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Her birthday and Christmas are 6 days apart.......
    I guess it must have sucked having your birthday and Christmas that close together. I can picture someone telling the kid as they hand over ONE present: "This is for your birthday. Happy birthday! Oh, er, uh, this is for Christmas too! Yeah, Christmas too!"
    Heh... you have no idea.
    Dec 25/26 back to back.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    No, actually do it. Call her bluff on it.
    Then when she is good and pissed, make sure that she subtly finds the thing you actually DID get her later in the day.
    Every so often you gotta prove you are smarter than they are.

Heh... you have no idea.
    Dec 25/26 back to back.
    Do you need to talk?

Sorry man, just kidding but I know it sucked and would've called people on it (you know, the unruly child!).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I get her house cleaning and cooking supply stuff. She uses it well.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It's totally a trap.

Do it anyway.

See if she pulls that crap again.

Feedback Score
    Ever hear it?

It's a trap, isn't it?

One year my last wife actually wrapped up a rock for one of the boys. Kid was young and didn't know any better and actually bought her BS about Santa and and what he got 'bad' kids and started crying a bit. Damn woman kept a rock solid poker face for a good while and thought that crap was funny.

Uhh, No. When the kid started crying she should have immediately let him know it was a joke.

The following year I found a small box and very nicely gift wrapped a fairly large turd from our Doberman and stuck it under the tree for her. Tag said, 'From: Roxy - To: Mom'.

She was way beyond pissed off when she opened that one up but...

The one kid (that she pranked the year before) laughed so hard that he had a little pee come out and had to go change pj bottoms / underwear when it was all over.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    One year my last wife actually wrapped up a rock for one of the boys. Kid was young and didn't know any better and actually bought her BS about Santa and and what he got 'bad' kids and started crying a bit. Damn woman kept a rock solid poker face for a good while and thought that crap was funny.

Uhh, No. When the kid started crying she should have immediately let him know it was a joke.

The following year I found a small box and very nicely gift wrapped a fairly large turd from our Doberman and stuck it under the tree for her. Tag said, 'From: Roxy - To: Mom'.

She was way beyond pissed off when she opened that one up but...

The one kid (that she pranked the year before) laughed so hard that he had a little pee come out and had to go change pj bottoms / underwear when it was all over.
    Now THAT is a Christmas story that warms my heart!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    My wife says it every year - it's a trap. Try to do something personal and thoughtful. For example, I had an ironing board cover bejeweled for my better half this year. I'm sure she will love it.

Andy
    Sounds like you have a Death Wish! A bejeweled ironing board cover? Now that I think about it, that's pretty thoughtful in these "Uncertain Times". Following the "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" mantra, I think I'll paint some flowers and elves on an empty .50 Caliber ammo can and give it to my wife as a jewelry box this Christmas!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    "Honey, you don't have to get me anything for Christmas this year"
    That translates as, "2 week Viking River Cruise down the Danube," FYI.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I got the ex wife a coffee mug one year.

She said “that’s all you got me?”

I responded “well yes. Throughout the year, every time we had sex, I put a few bucks aside for your Christmas present!” :-)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I told my wife that because I bought NODs and a Zev OZ9c in November lol
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast