Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Honey, you don't have to get me anything for Christmas this year"

Feedback Score
    I bought my wife a vacuum as an anniversary present. Of course that was in addition to a diamond ring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RudyN

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermedic View Post
    She will never ever forget the Christmas that you got her a mop. She will tell everyone for years to come lol
    What i usually do is get hold of a toaster or blender box, and then put the wrapped jewelry item inside. never had occasion to get her something long enough - she has golf clubs - or you can bet i'd try to find a mop or vacuum cleaner box.

Yeah, it's a trap.
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    My wife was an internal auditor for almost 20 years, and is now a CIO of a financial institution. I can’t Google/shop for anything online without her knowing and I have to pay cash for anything to truly hide it. Otherwise she knows well before it arrives. It doesn’t help that we share certain shopping apps to clip the coupons and just be all around $$ wise.
    She told me once she didn’t need anything for an anniversary but she had previously hinted at something she thought looked cool, so I got her a DeWalt cordless leaf blower. Wow! She LOVES the thing, even buying more batteries for it. When I buy her something now, it usually comes from the kids and I’ll help them wrap it. I’ll get her something small but she’s not into glitzy things as much as many women are.

You’ve gotta get your wife something, even if it’s small.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Don't get:

Clothing (they pick that out themselves far better than we men do)
    Am I weird in that I can find clothing way better than any of the women in my life? Or does that just make me a slightly metro fashionista of the worst variety?
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Am I weird in that I can find clothing way better than any of the women in my life? Or does that just make me a slightly metro fashionista of the worst variety?
    I'm not sure. What does your husband think?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    It does and that's okay.

I felt godly / really daring one day and ordered TWO pieces of lingerie for the wife I thought she'd like and I KNEW I liked. I spent a long time reading amazon reviews about them. (Especially sizing)

BOTH pieces of lingerie fit perfectly! (On her, not me, you weirdos)

I haven't tried again since because I feel like I used up a lot of luck doing that. But, I probably will.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    26 years ago my wife was miffed when I bought her a shotgun, this year she's overjoyed that she is getting her very own gun safe.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    26 years ago my wife was miffed when I bought her a shotgun, this year she's overjoyed that she is getting her very own gun safe.
    Our 25th Anniversary was last February. Know what she wanted (and got)? A custom-built AR! Picked out the color she wanted it Duracoated in, some pukey bluish one but hey, it's what she wanted! I even dug into my stash and kicked in that new DD complete hard chromed BCG I'd been sitting on. Counting the Aimpoint T-1 on it there's probably around $2K +/- sunk into it. She's worth it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    BOTH pieces of lingerie fit perfectly! (On her, not me, you weirdos)

I haven't tried again since because I feel like I used up a lot of luck doing that. But, I probably will.
    That sounds like retiring from the game on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Our 25th Anniversary was last February. Know what she wanted (and got)? A custom-built AR! Picked out the color she wanted it Duracoated in, some pukey bluish one but hey, it's what she wanted! I even dug into my stash and kicked in that new DD complete hard chromed BCG I'd been sitting on. Counting the Aimpoint T-1 on it there's probably around $2K +/- sunk into it. She's worth it.
    Absurd part for me, I go and spec out a really nice lightweight 14.7" setup with VTAC rail and X300 with T-1... it's the one I mysteriously 'borrow' and put more rounds through than all but one of mine. Somehow, I build her better nicer stuff, but I'm OK with that.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 12-20-20 at 22:32.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234