Thread: TA44 vs TA44 ACSS

Feedback Score

TA44 vs TA44 ACSS

Which do you all prefer? I’ve had issues with ACSS in the past on the ta31 model. Way to small, hard to read and lines super thin making it at least for my eyes unusable. Does the acss for the ta44 suffer the same flaws? Comparing the two how do they stack up?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you don’t like the ACSS on the TA-31, I’m not sure you’d like it on the -44. Personally, I don’t like the TA-44 regardless of reticle, because it’s not enough magnification to be useful for my shooting, without any of the benefits of a red dot. Some people with astigmatism to the point that dots are a no go do like it. But the stadia lines are going to be pretty fine.

I have not found a way to evaluate a sight without looking thru it on a gun in the light conditions I’m going to shoot it in. If you can’t get hands on one to test, see if you can find a vendor with a good return policy.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    I just picked up the TA44 (non-ACSS) with the red reticle. I also was torn between going ACSS or the regular circle dot reticle. After reading reviews on the ACSS, especially on the smaller TA44, I decided against the ACSS.

Now having the TA44 in possession - I can see why many people weren't fond of the ACSS on the TA44. I couldn't imagine having any more hash marks or stadia on this optic. I think keeping it simple stupid is a more practical direction to go on something this size. It would just get 'too busy' with anything more than a circle dot. That's just my opinion of course. I feel like the TA44 is a good compromise to someone wanting a replacement for a non-prism red dot etc. I personally didn't intend on the TA44 to be a super long range optic for me. It's meant to be mounted on smaller, lighter, and shorter platforms for close up target acquisition (but still has ability to shoot longer distances well if needed). If I wanted something with an ACSS reticle I'd probably go with something with more magnification.

If you didn't like the ACSS on the TA31 - I highly doubt you'd like it on the TA44.

Feedback Score
    Yeh I though the acss was tiny and very difficult to use on the ta31. I plan on getting one of the ta44 for my new ak build (the low mount version on an rs regulate mount). The only reason I thought the acss might be useful is for the longer shot but with an AK most likely I’ll be within 250 yards anyways

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The ACSS in the TA44 is very small. In outside light, I was able to see the stadia lines, though not easily. Overall it’s a great optic, it sharpened up the target image enough to make 200yd shooting easier.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    But how does the reticle compare to the standard reticle size? I know the original is a 2moa dot and the acss is a 2 moa cheveron and both and an outter circle. Is one more pronounced or easier to use than the other? There is a zero percent chance I’ll ever get them side by side to compare.