Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli M1 Super 90 SBS receiver

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Benelli M1 Super 90 SBS receiver

Does anyone know where to find a Benelli M1 Super 90 receiver to match up with the 14" barrel parts kit the Apex has ? Also wondering if any of the Stoeger clones would matchup with this kit ?

https://www.apexgunparts.com/benelli...talian-gd.html

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Are you looking to do a Form1 on an existing receiver, or find one that is already on the NFA registry and transfer it on a Form 4?

I really think your best and easiest bet is to buy the non-NFA item on Gunbroker for about a grand or so, get a regular FFL transfer to you, then do an online Form 1. You could sell or retain the existing 18+ inch barrel.

I'd keep the barrel, personally.

Does that help?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I think SeriousStudent is on the right track: I'd try to find an old M1 Super 90 for sale, Form 1 it, and then assemble the 14" barrel, &c., on the gun - and keep the old stuff, too.

As someone who has an old M1S90 that I've been struggling to find a purpose for, I'd also like to thank you for bringing these kits up, as I think I'd rather like to convert my M1S90 into an SBS.

BUT

At $800 a pop, I'm not sure how economical it would be to buy an old M1S90 or maybe an M2 and turn it into an SBS, when you can buy factory Benelli SBSs for $1250 or so (when they're available).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I think SeriousStudent is on the right track: I'd try to find an old M1 Super 90 for sale, Form 1 it, and then assemble the 14" barrel, &c., on the gun - and keep the old stuff, too.

As someone who has an old M1S90 that I've been struggling to find a purpose for, I'd also like to thank you for bringing these kits up, as I think I'd rather like to convert my M1S90 into an SBS.

BUT

At $800 a pop, I'm not sure how economical it would be to buy an old M1S90 or maybe an M2 and turn it into an SBS, when you can buy factory Benelli SBSs for $1250 or so (when they're available).
    Agreed. I'd lean toward finding a used M2, get the approved Form 1 back, THEN have someone reputable do the barrel work.

But geez, don't those old Benelli's just run and run? I have three M2's now, and love how well they work.

If you snag a deal on one of the youth ComforTech stocks and the shorter barrel, they make a ridiculously handy SBS.

One of the members here on M4C spends a LOT of time in Alaskan grizzly bear country with just him, his wife and his dog. They fly in by bush-plane or helo, and go hunting. That shotgun and Brenneke slugs are their go-to system.

Both are extremely competent marksmen, and are very familiar with bears. I do think that speaks volumes about the Benelli's, and is precisely the reason I bought several.

I'll ping him and see if he wants to add anything here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is no such thing. A frame or receiver is is a frame or receiver. An SBS is a shotgun with a barrel less than 18".

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I appreciate the feedback. Finding a old Benelli sounds like the most cost efficient way to go. Are the M1 and M2 barrels interchangeable if I find a M2 ? The only Benilli I own right now is a old SBE from the HK days and a wannabe Benelli (Beretta 1201FP). Seriousstudent I have seen the Benelli youth guns and they would definitely make a handy package.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You could just use your 1201, It’s a rebranded M1.

I’m 99 percent sure the difference M1/M2/1201 is in the barrel attachment, so match the mag tube and barrel from the same model.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PM sent....hope it works out for you...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IIRC, the are Turkish clones ,that go by the name Charles Daly?

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meausoc View Post
    Are the M1 and M2 barrels interchangeable if I find a M2?
    Yes. It's been a while, but I bought a spare 28" M1 barrel and used it with my M2 to shoot trap...

The only significant difference was that they used different choke tubes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast