Thread: Smith Wesson Debuts Two new Factory Built AR15 Pistols

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smith Wesson Debuts Two new Factory Built AR15 Pistols

Saw on Youtube where Smith is making an MP15/22 with an SB3 Brace and 8" barrel and a 5.56 nearly identical version. Interesting timing.

I'll be buying one of the .22's once they become available. Love those guns.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    PSA already had it listed in email.

But when you go to website, out of stock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Saw on Youtube where Smith is making an MP15/22 with an SB3 Brace and 8" barrel and a 5.56 nearly identical version. Interesting timing.

I'll be buying one of the .22's once they become available. Love those guns.
    Agreed - I think that is really going to be a money-maker for them. Are you thinking of filing a Form 1 online, and then get a can for it? You would have an incredibly fun .22 trainer for the young 'uns.

I would be interested in some replacement springs for the mags, though. I have worn out a few mag springs, but the feed lips and followers are still within spec.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Agreed - I think that is really going to be a money-maker for them. Are you thinking of filing a Form 1 online, and then get a can for it? You would have an incredibly fun .22 trainer for the young 'uns.

I would be interested in some replacement springs for the mags, though. I have worn out a few mag springs, but the feed lips and followers are still within spec.
    Bought my first mp15 .22 when they first came out, 2009???? My boys were little then. They started shooting that first rifle, we put a Bushnell TRS 25 on it...

I keep my .22 ammo, loose, in .30 cal cans-- bulk blasting ammo. 3500 rounds to a can. That first rifle they ran 5 cans through in a year. Liked it so much bought another one so they could each have their own. Only thing we had to change out was a recoil spring.

They really built those guns right. I know they had a few bolt issues early on but we never had a problem. Huge fan, boys each have one and I have three of my own. Those guns really allowed them to build skill.

They used to have a pistol option and it went away. I wont miss the boat this time!

I bought recoil springs directly from Smith. They have always been really good about working with people on spares, I bet if you call them they'll hook you up on mag springs.
    Last edited by Esq.; 12-15-20 at 19:37.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Good idea, I'll give them a call. I would like to lay in a dozen or so, that should last me the next ten years or so, I bought one when they came out and Grant started selling them,. They are definitely a great deal of fun.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Good idea, I'll give them a call. I would like to lay in a dozen or so, that should last me the next ten years or so, I bought one when they came out and Grant started selling them,. They are definitely a great deal of fun.
    Any idea at what point you wore them out? Mine will be getting a lot more use now.

I’m glad they brought back the pistol but wish they went with a more common length like 10.5-12.5. I don’t know if I want one that short so I may just buy a normal one and have d. Wilson cut the barrel down to just longer than l the handguard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    That 15-22 pistol would be a total blast. When they first debuted the 15-22 they offered a pistol but there were no provisions for a receiver extension (pre pistol brace years) so it flopped and got discontinued. I’m going to have to get one, I could see my son absolutely loving it.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp15-22-pistol
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 12-16-20 at 07:04.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pretty cool. The regular MP15-22 runs good and is fun to shoot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Hmmm, very intriguing. My oldest isn't quite ready yet, but this would be a great option for her when the time comes. I've been meaning to pick up a regular 15-22 for training purposes. I'll have to keep an eye on it for sure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have an SBR'd 15-22 and love the thing, I just hope this means I can pick up a spare handgaurd to swap out the quad rail version, and keep that can tucked in there.
    Great little plinker, its a ton of fun. Been searching online for someone to get these in stock to get a pistol version as well.
    Last edited by el_chupo_; 12-16-20 at 20:23.