Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactics For Non-Military

Feedback Score
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 12-17-20 at 15:28.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    They would need at a minimum to be able to do basic manipulations safely, work around and move around others safely, pay attention to simple instructions like getting in a line, etc.

Sounds simple but anyone that has instructed firearms classes will tell how half the guys that come with tricked out rifles can't do the "simple" tasks above.
    This most certainly.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    SHTF can be many things on many levels. It is more than military training. You may be alone or with your family out in a rural area without power, water, food, etc. I have a copy of The Illustrated Doom Survival Guide by Matt "Doomsday" Victor which tells you, situation by situation, how do survive. I think it is valuable. There are some videos on youtube showing how to make fire without that fire being observed, Dakota Pit Fires. There are also videos on all night fires, and strange fire set ups for other situations.

Having gotten that off my chest, thanks, guys, for the link and recommendation of the Ranger book. This looks great.

Feedback Score
    I second MVT's classes. They are designed for the citizen warrior.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    RAAAAAAANGER

Most current version, straight from the source and anointed with the waters of Hollis Creek.
    Thanks! Downloaded and queued for reading.

Is there any better way to know a book is bad ass than to have a warning right on the cover that says "Not for the weak or fainthearted" plus a quote from Maj Rogers instructing you to let the enemy get close then finish him with your hatchet? Probably not...

Edited to add:

It's been a few years of mostly sitting on ass and running my mouth instead of my rifle...I definitely need to do more training!
    Last edited by kerplode; 08-05-21 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Current edition of Ranger Handbook in Army Pubs:

https://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/DR_p...INAL%20WEB.pdf
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LBB View Post
    Another +1 for MVT's classes. I would love to go back soon, but life got in the way.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBB View Post
    You can get MVT's "Tactical Manual" on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Obviously not going to be as useful as taking a class, but more suited for the average citizen than the Ranger Handbook might be.
    Honor Necessity

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    They would need at a minimum to be able to do basic manipulations safely, work around and move around others safely, pay attention to simple instructions like getting in a line, etc.

Sounds simple but anyone that has instructed firearms classes will tell how half the guys that come with tricked out rifles can't do the "simple" tasks above.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! So true.

Feedback Score
    What about a DARC TUSC?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12