View Poll Results: Which way will .30-06 prices go, looking ahead?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • They will stay about where they are, currently.

9 31.03%
  • They will come down, next year.

13 44.83%
  • They will only keep going up, way up.

4 13.79%
  • I’m not sure/just don’t know.

3 10.34%

Thread: What is the future of .30-06?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question What is the future of .30-06?

Asking because I’m considering selling my 03A3. I don’t really want to, but ammo prices are driving me to it.

I have around 1100 rounds for it but with cartridges running $1.50 - $2.00 each, I can’t afford to replace what I shoot. I can’t find much around here at all, lately, so I’ve stopped shooting it. J&G is out, SGAmmo is out. Cans of 150 grain Prvi are selling for $650-$800 online (auctions).

I’m thinking a better course of action is to sell while prices are elevated, and use the pesos to acquire more 5.56, 9mm, and 12 gauge.

The milsurp niche would be filled by a K98 and a Finn M27. Ammo for the M27 is much more available and somewhat cheaper than .30-06 here in central AZ. Plus I have several thousand rounds of it.

I do like that 03A3, though, so it’s hard...
    Last edited by Buncheong; 12-16-20 at 23:23.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown