View Poll Results: Which way will .30-06 prices go, looking ahead?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • They will stay about where they are, currently.

9 31.03%
  • They will come down, next year.

13 44.83%
  • They will only keep going up, way up.

4 13.79%
  • I’m not sure/just don’t know.

3 10.34%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the future of .30-06?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Not too often, no. Maybe every other month or so, 200-300 rounds per range trip.

The crazy prices you cite are an influence on my thinking, it’s true.
    Yea that comes out to roughly 1000 rounds a year. Now that I think about it I've shot maybe...... maybe 20 rounds in the last 10 years

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    All ammo prices are crazy right now, a correction will eventually happen. I’m not selling anything, sadly I’m not shooting either because I don’t want to shoot stuff I can’t replace.

Feedback Score
    All of this is going to create a surplus of ammo on the market whenever things settle down. Prices should be good whenever that happens

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    All of this is going to create a surplus of ammo on the market whenever things settle down. Prices should be good whenever that happens

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    That is what I am waiting for, then pounce.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Asking because I’m considering selling my 03A3. I don’t really want to, but ammo prices are driving me to it.

I have around 1100 rounds for it but with cartridges running $1.50 - $2.00 each, I can’t afford to replace what I shoot. I can’t find much around here at all, lately, so I’ve stopped shooting it.
    Have you checked the CMP?

Or looked into reloading? It's not for everybody, but it's easy to reload match quality rifle ammo for <40˘/round.

I’m thinking a better course of action is to sell while prices are elevated, and use the pesos to acquire more 5.56, 9mm, and 12 gauge.

I do like that 03A3, though, so it’s hard...
    Are you high?

You must have rocks in your head to think that this is a good time to buy 5.56 or 9mm, and hocking a gun you seem to love to buy overpriced ammo would be idiotic.

You obviously made a big mistake not stockpiling enough ammo before the current panic. Don't make it worse by doing something else you'll regret.

Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    ... whenever things settle down. Prices should be good whenever that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    That is what I am waiting for, then pounce.
    Right on. We've been here before, when BHO was elected, and then after Newtown, and maybe another moment of hysteria that I can't even remember anymore...

This ammo bubble will also pop, prices will crash, and vendors will be begging us to pay <$200 for a case of 9mm or <$300 for a case of 5.56 (brass-cased, shipped).

In the meantime, do NOT follow the other lemmings over the cliff.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    And here I am wanting a 1903 and an M1 Carbine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Not too often, no. Maybe every other month or so, 200-300 rounds per range trip.

The crazy prices you cite are an influence on my thinking, it’s true.
    Dude,your shooting 200/300 rds per range trip out of your 1903A3 ??? Good Lord, that's awesome and your right shoulder must be made of steel,,,LOL ! I shoot my 03A3 a fair amount along with my M1s but I reload so I can understand your concern if you don't ! It would be tough for "me" to sell my 03 that's for sure but there is always a time for thinning the flock and reinvesting in things you prefer or would shoot more,but SAVE the $$$ & wait ! Not sure if 03A3 rifle's are bringing a premium but 1100 rds of 06 certainly would, LOL ! Times are tough in the ammo world, just don't sell it and then when next Summer rolls around your regretting that sale !
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 12-18-20 at 00:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Are you high?
    Well, I confess to pouring myself a rather generous Balvenie single malt this evening so, yeah, mebbe ...

You must have rocks in your head to think that this is a good time to buy 5.56 or 9mm, and hocking a gun you seem to love to buy overpriced ammo would be idiotic.
    It’s not a good time to buy anything, I realize ...

You obviously made a big mistake not stockpiling enough ammo before the current panic. Don't make it worse by doing something else you'll regret.
    Oh I stockpile the 5.56. My problem is that somehow, it just never seems to be “enough.” 9mm I only have a couple thousand so it’s true, I neglected it in favor of 5.56 ...
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    With a bolt action rifle and 1100 rounds, what are you really worried about? It's not like you're doing "mag dumps" with it. That's nearly literally a lifetime supply of ammo for a 70 plus year old rifle. If not, .30-06 is one of the most common centerfire calibers in all of North America. Its literally been around over 100 years and new rifles for it are made every day. You can find brass lying in the dirt at every range in the country from September through about mid November as the Mossy Oak Militia tunes up their Bambi Blasters..... It shoots cast bullets VERY well. The ammo is ratholed all over this country.

Good example- I just bought a very small estates gun stuff. There was about 5 boxes of loaded .30-06 ammo. There was probably 20 boxes of .30-06 brass. There was a huge pile of "miscellaneous" .30-06 ammo in ziplock baggies. The guy that owned this stuff- died in 2003! Literally, there are boxes of .30-06 and USGI bring back ammo in cupboards, closets, cigar boxes and garages all over this county- and most of it will still go bang!
    Last edited by Esq.; 12-18-20 at 10:18.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I greatly appreciate your time and the many thoughtful replies - your insights have clarified my thinking, immensely. Upon careful consideration of the many viewpoints presented, I’ve decided to keep the rifle and hold on to the ammo, hoping for prices to settle down in the future.

Thank you very much, Gentlemen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast