Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: APC9k or APC9 Pro Light Mounting Options

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

APC9k or APC9 Pro Light Mounting Options

Hi everyone,

I know there's a few threads out already on the APC9's, but I don't see much mention of how everyone has their's set up. I was leaning heavily towards the APC9k model, when I started to look more into it - it doesn't look like there's very much rail space.

At the minimum, I want to mount a light. The plan was to put an X300 on the left side, and use a magwell hold (I'm going with the Glock mag lower). This would make activation easy with support hand thumb. I've seen a few pictures of this, but either it's the angles of the photos or it looks like there isn't much space to pull the charging handle on the left side with an X300 mounted there.

0600 position for the light was another idea I had, but not sure how much room there would be for my support hand with the light there.

Other than that I'm only going to use a suppressor for it, and eventually the folding stock (the telescopic one is a little much at $600, and I've been hearing it's not that comfortable. Aimpoint T2 will be used as a red dot, but that won't matter regarding the light.

Has anyone got a APC9k and wished they instead got the full size? It doesn't look like the full size is that much bigger, and the 3-lug mount is not a deal breaker for me.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have an APC9 but not the pro. I have a SF M300 mini scout on the right pic rail. It is SBR’d so I have a B&T VFG and able to reach the button with my left thumb of the VFG. I have the B&T folding stock and I like. I do have the collapsible stock on a GHM9 and find it comfortable. Check out the B&T group on FB.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have the APC9k and have an Arisaka 300 series light mounted on the right side mlok slot with an Arisaka mlok side mount. I'm using a Modlite Mod button lite on the top rail for activation and am very happy with the setup. It takes a slight reach to get to the button to activate the light, but it isn't difficult or uncomfortable.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogartino View Post
    I have an APC9 but not the pro. I have a SF M300 mini scout on the right pic rail. It is SBR’d so I have a B&T VFG and able to reach the button with my left thumb of the VFG. I have the B&T folding stock and I like. I do have the collapsible stock on a GHM9 and find it comfortable. Check out the B&T group on FB.
    Have you tried the collapsible stock on the APC9? Any issues with sight picture/cheek weld? I'm not on FB unfortunately..

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I have the APC9k and have an Arisaka 300 series light mounted on the right side mlok slot with an Arisaka mlok side mount. I'm using a Modlite Mod button lite on the top rail for activation and am very happy with the setup. It takes a slight reach to get to the button to activate the light, but it isn't difficult or uncomfortable.
    Does the light get in the way of the charging handle at all? I know it's ambidextrous, but I'm curious if having a light mounted on either side makes that side's charging handle unusable. Also, are you using the side folding or telescopic brace/stock?

Thanks for the replies

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post

Does the light get in the way of the charging handle at all? I know it's ambidextrous, but I'm curious if having a light mounted on either side makes that side's charging handle unusable. Also, are you using the side folding or telescopic brace/stock?

Thanks for the replies
    I removed the right side charging handle. I never used it anyways and having the night there is a better use of the space. I don’t think it would work with the charging handle still in place on that side.

I’m using a side folding brace, but will probably switch to the telescoping when I get around to doing a form 1. The folding brace doesn’t cause any issues, but does touch slightly in the folded position. It isn’t something I’m worried about though.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Have you tried the collapsible stock on the APC9? Any issues with sight picture/cheek weld? I'm not on FB unfortunately..

Thanks for the replies
    I have not tried a collapsible stock on my APC9. Like yourself, I thought $600 is steep. I have a Gen 1 APC9 with only 1 CH but it has enough rail space for clearance when manipulating the CH compared to the K model. As you can see in the pics below, I actually relieved some of the polymer rail on the right side to allow my thumb to easily manipulate the light. It works for me. Other guys use the Mod button or the Unity hot button with their lights. I am not on FB either but the wife is. She joined the B&T group and I get to see pics, read topics and ask questions. See if you can access it somehow because there’s a ton of info,and the guys are very knowledgeable. Some guys have have figured out ways to set up light with their APC9K. I personally have shot a K but cannot justify another APC9 as I also have a TP9.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I removed the right side charging handle. I never used it anyways and having the night there is a better use of the space. I don’t think it would work with the charging handle still in place on that side.

I’m using a side folding brace, but will probably switch to the telescoping when I get around to doing a form 1. The folding brace doesn’t cause any issues, but does touch slightly in the folded position. It isn’t something I’m worried about though.

Thanks for the pictures

I wasn't really considering a remote switch at first, but I'm starting to think that's going to be the best route

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

APC9k or APC9 Pro Light Mounting Options

These are some pics (not mine) I have saved on my wife’s tablet from the FB group. I was toying with a remote switch as well and different ways to mount a light as well as cable management. I went the simple route and it works for me.

I think the poster has an APC9K with a Glock lower. Hope these pics help.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I have not tried a collapsible stock on my APC9. Like yourself, I thought $600 is steep. I have a Gen 1 APC9 with only 1 CH but it has enough rail space for clearance when manipulating the CH compared to the K model. As you can see in the pics below, I actually relieved some of the polymer rail on the right side to allow my thumb to easily manipulate the light. It works for me. Other guys use the Mod button or the Unity hot button with their lights. I am not on FB either but the wife is. She joined the B&T group and I get to see pics, read topics and ask questions. See if you can access it somehow because there’s a ton of info,and the guys are very knowledgeable. Some guys have have figured out ways to set up light with their APC9K. I personally have shot a K but cannot justify another APC9 as I also have a TP9.

I see, thanks for the pictures. I'll see if I can maybe get on my brother's FB account to access it.

I actually just ordered the K version a few minutes ago. It was a toss up, but they only had one K left and I just went for it. Hopefully I'll get it from my dealer next week

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    These are some pics (not mine) I have saved on my wife’s tablet from the FB group. I was toying with a remote switch as well and different ways to mount a light as well as cable management. I went the simple route and it works for me.

I think the poster has an APC9K with a Glock lower. Hope these pics help.
    Yes this helps a lot, one of the ideas I had was to use that exact same Arisaka picatinny light mount but on the bottom 0600 rail. I'd then just use a momentary/clicky tail cap to avoid having to use a remote switch, but it looks like it'd get too tight near the magwell area for any hand placement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast