Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 accessories input

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    RA9T is the softest shooting defensive ammo I've tried.

Felt recoil is highly subjective though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    RA9T is the softest shooting defensive ammo I've tried.

Felt recoil is highly subjective though.
    I use the Tulster holster, the plus 1 TT base plate in the gun and the extended baseplate for the reload. Haven’t tried the ETS mag yet. I also have the stream light laser/light on it. It adds no bulk and is a couple ounces. For that you get a very usable white light and a laser (not my cup of tea but it’s there).
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I am having wrist problems. Is there something softer shooting than the HST 147 gr that is still effective?
    This is a mild 9mm load. I would switch to a larger heavier handgun like a 17 or 19 if possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    This is a mild 9mm load. I would switch to a larger heavier handgun like a 17 or 19 if possible.
    Good advise, currently shooting 147gr HST in G19 and doing ok with it. Thanks.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Glad to hear. If concealing the larger gun becomes a problem, I would drop down in cartridge. If it is only dedicated to home defense, I find 9mm out of all metal guns like Berettas or PCC (pistol caliber carbines) to have barely noticeable recoil.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I am having wrist problems. Is there something softer shooting than the HST 147 gr that is still effective?

IMO HST 150gr Micro is very soft shooting. It was designed for today's 9mm micro pistols. Low flash and low recoil. You might also take a look at Hornady Critical Defense and see if that works for you. It's been a while since I've shot any but IIRC it's pretty mild. That said, if you're able to hold it, a larger pistol might be your best option. G45 or G17 are good but maybe something with a bit more heft, like a Beretta or all metal Sig. Good luck!
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 01-30-21 at 10:04.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I am leaning towards a G34 with substantial light/laser & red dot. J frame now for pocket pistol. I rented a G43 with ctc laser and really liked it, but was just shooting range ammo. I will try those other 9 loads once they are available. Also need to rent a 365 at some point.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Thanks. I am leaning towards a G34 with substantial light/laser & red dot. J frame now for pocket pistol.
    That is the style I always drift towards. Ultra-practical and maximally portable gun plus serious business gun for home and situations where I know there might be a problem.

Honestly, the best thing for the G42 is Just some Hackathorn sights and a good IWB holster. I had a laser light combo on mine and it was cool, but that started chipping away at its best features.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    i thought you had a 43 a while back. or was it a 42?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I did. The 43 was a great gun but I ended up going back to the shield because I was getting accidental slide locks (the gun is just a bit too small for me).Now mind you, these were totally my fault but I knew I wasn’t gonna train enough with it to be totally comfortable carrying it.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast