Thread: Masterpiece Arms Defender SBR

Feedback Score

Masterpiece Arms Defender SBR

I have a 9mm Masterpiece Arms Defender which is basically a semiauto M11/9 with more modern touches. When I purchased it, I assumed that it wouldn't be accurate. Actually, it's very accurate. I used it to come in second place in a shooting competition at my work out of about twenty people. I decided to SBR it, so I purchased a a "factory" stock, efiled the Form 1 and had it engraved. He it is in all it's glory. I think I need a front grip and I definitely need an optic.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bret; 12-18-20 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sick.

How reliable is it? Recoil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It's 100% reliable. As you'd probably imagine, there's not much recoil due to the weight. I was told that trigger slap would be an issue, but it's really not. I have not shot it as an SBR yet, but I can tell you that as a pistol it's significantly better to shoot than my Uzi Pro and Micro Uzi. The magazines are single stack and are made by Tapco for Masterpiece Arms. I was worried that they'd cause issues, but they've been 100%. I have a Tapco magazine that runs 100% through my 9mm AR15's, so perhaps Tapco managed to get this type of magazine to run right.
    Last edited by Bret; 12-18-20 at 08:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All you need now is a tri lug barrel adapter and a suppressor.
    Masterpiece arms is know for their accuracy so I wouldn’t expect anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Today I actually shot it suppressed (and unsuppressed) along with my Stribog SBR. I used my TiRant 9 on both. Fortunately, both muzzles had the same thread pitch. I have a tri lug for the suppressor that I've used on my Rock River 9mm SBR and Zenith Z-5RS, so I'll definitely go that route on both of these. The Stribog gets the edge in the ergonomic department, but the Defender was more accurate. The Defender was tossing the cases fast and far, so I'm going to look for a heavier recoil spring for it. The Defender magazines were impossible to load past 25rds even though they're supposed to take 32rds. I need a magazine loading tool for it, but can't find one that works. My Uplula won't fit because the magazines are too long front to back. My Sten loader will fit, but it would tear up the plastic feed lips. I'm open to ideas.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know where I can get a vertical front grip that's canted that attaches to a rail? Lage has them, but $50 is too much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a vertical front grip that's canted that attaches to a rail? Lage has them, but $50 is too much.
    Not sure you are going to get under $50, but try Custom Smith.
    https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/...smith-mfg-afgs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    These aren’t cheap but they might have one that will work for you.
    https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.com/collections
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Today I actually shot it suppressed (and unsuppressed) along with my Stribog SBR. I used my TiRant 9 on both. Fortunately, both muzzles had the same thread pitch. I have a tri lug for the suppressor that I've used on my Rock River 9mm SBR and Zenith Z-5RS, so I'll definitely go that route on both of these. The Stribog gets the edge in the ergonomic department, but the Defender was more accurate. The Defender was tossing the cases fast and far, so I'm going to look for a heavier recoil spring for it. The Defender magazines were impossible to load past 25rds even though they're supposed to take 32rds. I need a magazine loading tool for it, but can't find one that works. My Uplula won't fit because the magazines are too long front to back. My Sten loader will fit, but it would tear up the plastic feed lips. I'm open to ideas.
    ETS makes a couple universal mag loaders that might work. I have some ETS mags that I bought for my Zenith Mp5 and they are a bitch to load, and the uplulu won’t fit. The mags are too fat.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"