Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you like for a dot sight for a Krinkov?

Feedback Score

What do you like for a dot sight for a Krinkov?

I have an MRO on a x39 SBR but I'm looking at putting a small compact dot sight on my Krinkov.

I like the MRO on the other one, but it's kind of big. I like being able to stick the Krinkov in a briefcase and would like to keep the optic small to help that.

What do you like that has worked well for you?
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

What do you like for a dot sight for a Krinkov?

A buddy of mine has one of the holosun Aimpoint micro style sights in front of his rear sight.

Maybe a gas tube mount, I'm not an AK guy so I can't say for sure.

One thing I can say is that setup is crazy freaking compact and he really likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 12-22-20 at 18:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Maybe a gas tube mount, I'm not an AK guy so I can't say for sure.
    AK gas tubes are generally loose, krink gas tubes even more so. I'd recommend installing a rail between the rear sight and top cover hinge.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    AK gas tubes are generally loose, krink gas tubes even more so. I'd recommend installing a rail between the rear sight and top cover hinge.
    I would not do that, it's not a solid mounting spot on a krink. I would go with an Ultimak gas tube mount. It's rock solid. Ultimak and an Aimpoint micro.

Feedback Score
    My AK underfolder & Draco pistol have Hogue handguards that come with plastic upper handguards with pic rails and TRS-25 red dots. Solid mounts and have held zero to 100 yards for years.

If you want to co-witness the iron sights, the Ultimak is probably the most used option, it’s solid.

Also have a 9mm AK pistol with a factory hinged railed cover and a red dot. If you want to stick with wood furniture or don’t want to change handguards/gas tube the TWS dogleg hinged/railed rear cover is another aftermarket option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    I would not do that, it's not a solid mounting spot on a krink.
    What's not solid about it? The rails are screwed in to the top cover. If done correctly, they won't budge one bit. I can see the possibility of a little side to side play.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    How are you going to mount it? You have three options - 1) RS regulate off the optic mount if you have one 2) mount a rail to the top cover 3) ultimak or other rail system / replacement gas tube?

RS Regulate makes awesome stuff. That being said I am more of a fan of an Aimpoint on an ultimak. Like the RS it is not a permanent modification.

The mounting of a small pic rail like a stormworks - https://stormwerkz.com/scope-mounts/...k-scope-mount/ allows you to mount an RMR which makes it a very small profile.

Legion also makes a pic top cover - https://www.legionusa.com/top-cover-...u-krinkov.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What's not solid about it? The rails are screwed in to the top cover. If done correctly, they won't budge one bit. I can see the possibility of a little side to side play.
    Top cover is not solid, prone to side play as well as easy to knock around. It's just a roll pin that hold that top cover on.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    Top cover is not solid, prone to side play as well as easy to knock around. It's just a roll pin that hold that top cover on.
    If done correctly this is not an issue. Its a krink, its at best a 100 yard and in gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    If done correctly this is not an issue. Its a krink, its at best a 100 yard and in gun.
    Do you own one? That top cover is not solid at all. I've got no issue hitting out to 300 yards with mine. If you're going to limit it to 100 yards why even bother with a red dot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast