Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Anaconda 4”

Feedback Score

Colt Anaconda 4”

I’ve wanted a Colt Anaconda for a long time, preferably 6” in .44 Mag. Although they are scarce here in Switzerland, I saw several throughout the years but always too expensive for my taste and budget, typically $ 2000.-

Finally found one end of last year for $ 1600.- from a private seller

A few weeks ago I saw an internet ad for a 4” at $ 1200. I was tempted but I resisted, telling myself I don’t need two Anacondas.

And then just a few days ago, while refreshing my browser, I saw the ad was still active. Oh well, life’s too short, so I made an offer and we concluded a deal at $ 1070.-

The gun arrived this morning

Both siblings together

Now I feel like I need an 8”. The madness never ends.

Feedback Score
    I took them to the 25 m indoor range this morning

The 4” kicks like a mule but shoots like a dream. The 6” feels tame in comparison

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you for sharing your collection with us. You have an enviable one, for sure. Great taste!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Glad to see you overcame your pragmatic side and grabbed the second Anaconda. Enjoy them!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Very nice!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    very nice. I have an Anaconda 8". Got it about 23 years ago at a gun store for less than $400 (this is in the US). It had been the Colt sales rep's demo gun that year and the dealer bought it from him at the end of the year, so it was not "new" but it was -- barely fired. It has been a fun gun.

Good luck with yours and do get the 8".
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ive always wanted one too, but like you said mucho $$$$. Great deal you got on yours.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Are you allowed to bring the gun home or does it have to be secured at the range?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    Are you allowed to bring the gun home or does it have to be secured at the range?
    I can bring them home, where they all reside, and fondle them at night while watching tv on my couch.

Feedback Score
    I can see why you went on a quest for the 4 inch Anaconda. The proportions seem unique, not a
    Python, not anything else. It just bewitches the eye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast