Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 9mm and magnum/ small rifle primers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Not me. $100/1k of Primers and $100/1k bullets with a jug of CFE Pistol gets me 11k rounds for approx $215 per thousand. And it can be done cheaper if people are patient or use coated lead bullets, better powder etc...

But I have become interested in going the Airsoft route in addition to all that.
    Speer makes primer powered only, reusable plastic bullets in a few different calibers.

Great way to recycle and use brass cases not suitable for real ammo and allows you to use your actual firearm instead of some airsoft junk copy of one similar to it.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Speer makes primer powered only, reusable plastic bullets in a few different calibers.

Great way to recycle and use brass cases not suitable for real ammo and allows you to use your actual firearm instead of some airsoft junk copy of one similar to it.
    That's great information. I'll look into it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Considering primers used to be $30 a 1k, I will sit on my stash for emergency use only. Several high ranking competition shooters dry fire and air soft practice way more than they live fire.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/NGVRGsoOr6k

Short answer.. small rifle, small pistol magnums are harder and can cause ignition problems. Neither will increase pressures in 9mm

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    https://youtu.be/NGVRGsoOr6k

Short answer.. small rifle, small pistol magnums are harder and can cause ignition problems. Neither will increase pressures in 9mm
    Great post!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    That's great information. I'll look into it.

Not sure if it helps you any but here are what they look like (part numbers on the boxes):

Accuracy up close at handgun distances is not bad even considering being primer powered only. Plastic is hard as heck and unless you are shooting bricks - The bullets pretty much last forever.

I generally use a few layers of hanging carpet scraps for my backstop and that works to catch them / keep them from going through but definitely double up cause if shooting in the same spot over and over - They will eventually make a hole and ding whatever is behind.

A friend and I tried to see if we could bust an old TV we were tossing one time to see how much damage we could do to it before it went in the dumpster. In hindsight that was unwise as they bounced off and came straight back hard and fast. Pretty sure my buddy was wishing he had safety glasses when the one barely missed his mug...

Not something you want to get hit with and if you do not have a good trap to catch them you need to be sure you have good PPE going on and that you have the dogs in another room out of the area completely.

Be safe...

Feedback Score
    I see that the price for this ammo is getting higher and higher each year. Anyway, it depends on how often I go hunting. I've read this article https://bulkmunitions.com/5-56-ammo-...hould-you-buy/, and I am thinking now of getting a new gun with 5.56 ammo. Do you think that is a good idea? From my point of view, I will save more money using such ammunition. Anyway, it wouldn't be bad to add one more gun to my collection. I will use it for self-defense. You never know what gonna be like tomorrow
    Last edited by Osesellowe; 03-26-21 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Osesellowe View Post
    I see that the price for this ammo is getting higher and higher each year.

Yeah, there is this thing called inflation.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post

Some airsoft replicas are quite good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234