Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9mm and magnum/ small rifle primers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    $0.40 per primer... Not bad!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A local retail store had small pistol and small rifle primers in stock yesterday. Retail price was $69.95 per thousand.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    A local retail store had small pistol and small rifle primers in stock yesterday. Retail price was $69.95 per thousand.
    That's so out of control

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That's so out of control

PB
    That is cheap compared to what they are going for elsewhere. My kid recently paid 100 for a single k of LR primers. I told him that 'in this current climate - he did good'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I would pay that... I could still reload for a decent price.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The shortage has made me try new powder, bullet primer combos. I'm saving my small pistol primers and stuff I usually use.

Shot a bunch of 38 special yesterday. Loaded with small rifle primers and surplus military canister powder. Haven't shot .38 in years.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    My last 1k of small pistol primers cost $80...plus tax. It's the only thing I needed to make another 1k of pistol, so not bad overall. The way I see it, adding about $50 to 1k of 9mm is a lot better than the $700/1k factory ammo I saw people paying last weekend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea, I've got a buddy that just bought a few thousand for $100 ea. and was happy about it. He also drove an hour away to get them. Seems to be a reasonable price these days.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I stopped shooting till the panic calms down. Totally defeats the purpose of reloading when your reloads cost more than factory ammo. Time to pick up some airsoft guns to practice in the back yard to keep the skills up.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I stopped shooting till the panic calms down. Totally defeats the purpose of reloading when your reloads cost more than factory ammo. Time to pick up some airsoft guns to practice in the back yard to keep the skills up.
    Not me. $100/1k of Primers and $100/1k bullets with a jug of CFE Pistol gets me 11k rounds for approx $215 per thousand. And it can be done cheaper if people are patient or use coated lead bullets, better powder etc...

But I have become interested in going the Airsoft route in addition to all that.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 01-24-21 at 12:18.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast