Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red dot/holograph magnifiers

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don’t think the new EoTech magnifiers really launched. Some sites just kinda listed them prematurely, just like the ADM Ti mounts.

I went with a used Aimpoint Mag3x magnifier to upgrade from my Micro 3x. I’m pretty happy with that, although more X’s in the same size and quality would be cool. As it is, the Mag3x seems to be more than some other 3x magnifiers due to glass quality.
    Last edited by 1168; 04-04-21 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    I have the Aimpoint Mag3X and 3X-1. I haven't tried the C. They're both okay for what they are. You lose light transmission through magnifiers, and the FOV is limited. The focal adjustments on the -1 are nice, and the body is a little speaker/longer.

The -1 is on my go-to, and I have an NX8 that could be my #1 option. The T2 and magnifier are...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I don’t mean to make this a LPVO vs Mag thread, since they each have their own uses and advantages, but weight is actually the magnifier’s biggest strong point. Don’t forget to include the weight of the mounts.

My heaviest dot/mount/magnifier combo is an ounce lighter than my lightest LPVO/mount setup.

My lightest dot/mount/magnifier combo is 10 ounces lighter than my lightest LPVO/mount setup.

Not advertised weights, but actual measured weights.
    Trijicon Accupoint TR24: 14.4 oz
    Aero Precision Ultralight mount: 3.3 oz

Total LPVO weight: 17.7 oz

You are't getting a dot and magnifier at 10 oz under that. And it has more magnification than the dot setup. And clearer, brighter glass.

If you want light, with quality kit, you can do it. But you have to go for light weight, if weight is going to be this important to you

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Edit to add: I didn’t mean to come off so confrontational when I wrote this. I would make a poor diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

You are't getting a dot and magnifier at 10 oz under that. And it has more magnification than the dot setup. And clearer, brighter glass.

If you want light, with quality kit, you can do it. But you have to go for light weight, if weight is going to be this important to you
    LPVOs and magnifiers are both viable. My dot/magnifier setup weighs less than any of my LPVOs with mounts. Or those of any of my friends. The LPVOs have more Xs. I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove right now, but your setup isn’t any lighter than a dot/magnifier.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    T2 with factory flips in Scalarworks 1.97: 5.4oz
    Aimpoint 3X magnifier, not C or the new Professional, in Scalarworks: 10.1oz
    Last edited by 1168; 04-04-21 at 21:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

I have a holosun mounted on a gg&g with a Vortex micro 3X they weigh 17 ounces with mounts the same as an Acog ECOS. Neither are perfect but with the magnifier set up the magnifier can be removed to save weight and space. LPVO vary so much that its hard to compare them with other set ups. It all comes down to what works for you.
    Last edited by Pikey; 04-04-21 at 23:26.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123