Thread: Red dot/holograph magnifiers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I don’t mean to make this a LPVO vs Mag thread, since they each have their own uses and advantages, but weight is actually the magnifier’s biggest strong point. Don’t forget to include the weight of the mounts.

My heaviest dot/mount/magnifier combo is an ounce lighter than my lightest LPVO/mount setup.

My lightest dot/mount/magnifier combo is 10 ounces lighter than my lightest LPVO/mount setup.

Not advertised weights, but actual measured weights.

It may be that the Red Dot Magnifier set ups have benefited from time and are now lower weight. When the LPVO's first came around it wasn't close. You had guys running the old L3 full size Eotechs with a 3x magnifier behind it or Aimpoint Comp M4's (Vs something like a Trijicon MRO or T2) with factory mounts....Now there are a lot more streamlined setups- especially in mounts. Again, things change and change again....

ETA: One thing I did forget in that "evolution" was the ACOG. It came between the Red Dot/Magnifier set up and the LPVO. You still see a lot of them being run even now....
    Last edited by Esq.; 12-31-20 at 10:50.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.