Thread: Lee APP: JRB's video and my early observation

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lee APP: JRB's video and my early observation

Actually seems sturdy to me along with being useful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got an APP and had .308 Winchester prepped for seating bullets

Stuck a standard #2 shell holder and Lee brand .308 Winchester dead length seater die in it and noticed there isn't a lot of clearance between the case mouth and the mouth of the die for placing the bullet.

So I grabbed a .30-06 case(in the picture using the .308 die since I don't have .30-06) and it looks like .30-06 length cartridges **can probably** have the bullet seated on the APP, but will likely need some wiggling of the bullet up in the die to get it on the case mouth and tilting the loaded round back out

My assumption is loaded cartridge over all length incompatibility is why Lee doesn't market it for the seating step.

Looks like .308 Win and shorter cartridges seem to have no issues, while .30-06 is likely the absolute max where it can really work (with some fiddling in and out) at all for seating.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jsbhike; 12-24-20 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The primer/bullet receptacle bottle that Lee provides appears to be a kind of bottle normally used for spices similar to this.

https://www.mccormick.com/spices-and...ic-and-oregano

No guarantee a McCormick thread pattern will fit, but that is the approximate size and profile. Some of the spice bottles I had on hand screwed right in to the larger diameter thread of the bottle adapter, but others did not.

The bottle adapter outer threads will also accept bulk vitamin type bottles and Hodgdon type 1lbs powder bottles, but I think either would be too much weight dangling with bullets(guesstimate the Hodgdon bottles would be around 8 lbs of bullets) and possibly pushing it with spent primers. If nothing else, the larger bottles would mean even more spent primers spilling out when I would inevitably fumble emptying the container.